Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there is no known cure for cancer and affects 1 in 3

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Image3.jpg

I'm no theorist but saw this on a social media site and it did make take notice.
Any truth in it?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 1,064

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ahem *George VI, Edward VII*

Exactly - both of those monarchs had a form of it and died from conditions related to it, and that's just in the last century or so.

Yet more conspiracy theory bollocks easily debunked with the tiniest shred of research.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Don't know about "cure" but cancer can be beaten.

My Mum had bowel cancer a while ago, and she has been free from it since the tumour was removed.

1-3 is really just a statistic.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Exactly - both of those monarchs had a form of it and died from conditions related to it, and that's just in the last century or so.

Yet more conspiracy theory bollocks easily debunked with the tiniest shred of research.
Also the fact that many cancers CAN now be cured. Not even a decent conspiracy theory to debunk here!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Add to the above that cancer is just a generic term for a host of related diseases that cause cells to divide abnormally, so there will never be a cure for 'cancer', but cures and effective treatments for cancers. Maybe a bit pedantic but I'm allowed.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
Are they immune? they are entitled to privacy when it comes to health issues, only their doctor would know and he is hardly going to start shouting his mouth off.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
firstly, you dont know no one in the picture has, has had, or will have cancer.

secondly, its bollocks applying population statistics to sub-groups. in another family they might have every other member diagnosed. the number is averaged out. like that nonsence there "must" be x number of gay footballers because 1 in 5 are gay, ignoring those professions groups where say 1 in 2 are gay.

the only immunity on show is the author's immunity from intelligence.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
That's not how 1 in 3 works. You have stumbled across conspiracy theorist arsewittery. Get the nearest person to you right now to slap you hard in the face and move on.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Also the fact that many cancers CAN now be cured. Not even a decent conspiracy theory to debunk here!

Not actually true, our ability to truely cure most cancers has barely changed since the inception of Chemotherapy in the early '50s

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'd be fairly confident at least one of them has had something that would fall under the umbrella of "cancer" and has been treated successfully for it.

However, the 1 in 3 figure is effectively the number of people who will have had something under that umbrella by the time they died, as determined by full autopsies. In many cases, particularly when people are very old and growth rates are seriously curtailed, it won't have killed them - or have had any impact at all even.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Ahem *George VI, Edward VII*

Thanks for that, as someone who does not actively follow the royal family i did not know if any of then had suffered hence the question.
Sounds like the story is complete bollocks then.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here