Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ANOTHER ride fail, at Alton Towers..

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Not massively unusual, just 'news' now because of the Smiler incident.

Exactly, rides often BREAK DOWN, rides very very rarely CRASH. A nothing story.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Stop stop stop. None of this is unusual - happens all the time in theme parks all over the world. And it's very often due to some doofus ignoring safety warnings and unbuckling safety belts or leaving loose items in their clothes or getting their phones out as the ride starts. None of this is even remotely news.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Makes the ride more exciting Shirley?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stop stop stop. None of this is unusual - happens all the time in theme parks all over the world. And it's very often due to some doofus ignoring safety warnings and unbuckling safety belts or leaving loose items in their clothes or getting their phones out as the ride starts. None of this is even remotely news.

Exactly....I am a bit of a coaster junkie and whilst I haven't been stuck for this length of time, have been stuck several times and also very regularly seen coasters stuck (including Oblivion for about half an hour on the edge of the drop in the rain). I would have a fairly large bet that the Smiler incident was caused by human error - cars being set off when a warning light was on, that kind of thing. I'm guessing it's mostly minimum-wage students running the things from what I've seen. No data, but I also sense from my experience that the breakdowns are far more common in UK theme parks than in the US.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here