Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This tells you all you need to know about the BBC

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Watched an interview on the BBC with the social film director Ken Loach and I think he was quite right when he said the BBC has changed its very pro big business but isn't interested in Unions you only have to watch Newsnight or Question Time to see this. Also it seems to be in this sickly love in with the royal family, why should I be interested in Elisabeth windsors views on the Tunisian massacre how is that news worthy?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, indeed. It tells me that they are still trying to remain the leader in world news reporting. They must remain impartial and fair to everyone and long may that continue.

Quite. The alternative is that the BBC is the mouthpiece of the British government. Which is in nobody's interests. Other than the British government's. Obviously.

Listening today to Radio 4, it seems quite obvious to me that the BBC have taken on board the criticism and are now following the government directive not to refer to "Islamic State" without qualifying the phrase.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Where does it actually say that the BBC have stated they "must be fair to ISIS"?

Click bait at it's worst

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I've worked at Reuters for 15 years now. Our organisation and journalists pride themselves on their impartiality. Surely everyone wants to read an unbiased account of what's going on??

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yes, indeed. It tells me that they are still trying to remain the leader in world news reporting. They must remain impartial and fair to everyone and long may that continue.
ISIS is an organisation that wants to destroy our way of life, it is at war with us, it has just killed 38 people in cold blood in Tunisia, would you have wanted them to remain impartial about the nazis ?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
This tells you all you need to know about Bushy

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
ISIS is an organisation that wants to destroy our way of life, it is at war with us, it has just killed 38 people in cold blood in Tunisia, would you have wanted them to remain impartial about the nazis ?

I would want them to report the facts so that we, the public, can make our own minds up. I do not want to be told what to think by anyone, thanks.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Godwin would be proud, 12th post.

Either way, I'm not sure it actually matters how the BBC want to refer to them as most people would hopefully be able to form their own opinions of them based on their actions.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I would want them to report the facts so that we, the public, can make our own minds up. I do not want to be told what to think by anyone, thanks.
It is reporting the facts , but i'd prefer an organisation that im forced to fvcking pay for to have a default position of being pro british( the clue is in the fvcking name ) and not so worried about ''being fair'' to our enemies, thanks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You know, for once, you might be on to something. If we can only impose far more state control on our media coupled with a few random detentions based on suspicion then a lot of these Johnny Foreigners might think twice about coming to somewhere so similar to their barbaric homelands and, instead, try and turn Sweden in to the next Bangladesh, nappies and all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here