Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vinyl or downloads ?

nickrhodes

May 1, 2015
Dear people of Brighton and Hove,

If vinyl was more widely available would you buy it for your favourite bands or do you prefer the convenience of downloads

Vinyl is on the increase, Paper gods will have a.vinyl option.

I must admit I love proper records..

Best
Nick

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Vinyl, hell yeah��.
I still collect 80s electro and 80s/1990 acid/rave vinyl and though I could get most of the tracks as MP3 without much of a problem, I far prefer awaiting something being delivered from America or Europe, plus being able to physically hold the item.
I would say that I enjoy truly owning a piece of vinyl rather than a bit of data.
I still do download where I feel it is appropriate.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm listening to my portable record player on the train right now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why do I find this character so amusing?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Vinyl is great, though the portable player is a bit cumbersome and prone to skipping when on the move.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I used to DJ a club on a greek island every summer 20 odd years ago all vinyl back then obviously, my son told me all the DJ's in clubs use a laptop now not much skill in that.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
All the new vinyl I've bought recently (Leftfield, Public Service Broadcasting), come with codes so you can download as well.

Get the best of both worlds there. Vinyl at home, and download for headphones/car etc.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I tend to still get a fair amount of CDs. I don't have a vinyl player, and plenty of small bands will have stuff on CD at their gigs (although lots are putting things on sites like Bandcamp now).

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Having acquired every song i've ever wanted, amassing my overall collection to something like 125,000 songs, I've recently sought to build up a vinyl collection just for fun.

Car boot sales are flooded with good quality vinyl - especially if you like ABBA as their albums are absolutely everywhere!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I used to DJ a club on a greek island every summer 20 odd years ago all vinyl back then obviously, my son told me all the DJ's in clubs use a laptop now not much skill in that.

Certainly this for most reggae sound systems nowadays

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Having acquired every song i've ever wanted, amassing my overall collection to something like 125,000 songs, I've recently sought to build up a vinyl collection just for fun.

Car boot sales are flooded with good quality vinyl - especially if you like ABBA as their albums are absolutely everywhere!

How many albums does that song collection convert into?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here