Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

vault of glorious acoustic cover versions

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
The worst form of cover version.

Sorry to be negative, but I HATE acoustic cover versions, plus any acoustic bit of any non-acoustic concert. However, I can think of two examples where an artist has done a better, acoustic version of one of their own songs: Ride With Me by The Lemonheads and My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue) by Neil Young.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The worst form of cover version.

A very useful way of seeing if the song is any good - you can tell if it can stand up on its own as a song, or does it only work with legions of backing singers, synthesisers, loops, computer generate techno sounds and drum machines.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
the smiths original was acoustic so not sure what the thinking is here

Its used at the end of Shane Meadows' 'This is England.' I don't know the background, but guess it may have been covered at Meadows request , if perhaps he couldn't get the rights to the original or just liked Gavin Clark's version. He and Clark were friends, Clayhill and Sunhouse music appears in several of Meadows films and Meadows has also made a film about Clark which is available on Youtube.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
Not a cover but a good accoustic version with eye candy to boot - the girl isn't too shabby either. Believe it or not this was originally written by carly Rae Jepson as a folk song. The rest is bubble gum pop history.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here