Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bitter Lake

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
What an extraordinary film. Anyone who wants to better understand the corrupt and short sighted stupidity of western world politicians and the damage that they have caused in the arab world should watch this film. It's on the BBC iPlayer.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Yes, very good, not as fast paced as the 'Power of Nightmares' (highly recommend this if you have not watched it) or his other work, with some long drawn out footage. But for free its a fantastic present from the beeb, the first of three commissions I believe, all free to air online only.

Check out the short pieces he has done for Charlie Brooker on screen wipe as well, I really like his material and it must take months to find the footage and write the dialogue to make it all work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Curtis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcy8uLjRHPM

Really like Adam Curtis and would recommend watching almost everything he has produced

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...he-rise-of-the-politics-of-fear-bbc-2004_news

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks for the links, I hadn't come across Adam Curtis before. Great viewing, I will seek out his other work. Only problem is that the videos just reinforce the idea that we live in a totally f*cked up world.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Thanks for the links, I hadn't come across Adam Curtis before. Great viewing, I will seek out his other work. Only problem is that the videos just reinforce the idea that we live in a totally f*cked up world.

Yes but he highlights this so well it can give you goosebumps - to quote him (clip below) we don't have a clue - but happily comment on forums like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9FaIyc4vpU

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Watched it a few months back and the Yanks as always are the people who had the so called good idea in the first place and then as normal for them it goes tits up !
Great documentary and worth watching

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Indeed. Thanks for posting this very interesting film.

Begs the question - what should the West do in the future? As always it is the innocent general public that suffer but can the West stand idly by and do nothing? Another of his films highlights how some funds from Live Aid may well have been used by the Ethiopian dictator to continue the civil war, which resulted in more lives lost than were actually saved by Live Aid. F****d indeed.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
His best and most enlightening work for me is still The Century of The Self

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Good documentary. Not surprised to see Rumsfeld, in 1976, spouting his own twisted imaginary scaremongering bullshit on Russia's military capabilities. Exactly the same script he used against Saddam. He has no moral compass or conscience when it comes to lying on the international stage. He is as power crazy and as nuts as any of the so called tyrannical dictators in the Middle East and is as sane as Gaddafi.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Good documentary. Not surprised to see Rumsfeld, in 1976, spouting his own twisted imaginary scaremongering bullshit on Russia's military capabilities. Exactly the same script he used against Saddam. He has no moral compass or conscience when it comes to lying on the international stage. He is as power crazy and as nuts as any of the so called tyrannical dictators in the Middle East and is as sane as Gaddafi.

Yes, the Neo Con when in power in the US really go for it.

Have you watched all 3 episodes or just the 1st

He does a good piece on his Blog (if you scroll back through the dates) on Gaddafi - I'll post it later if I find it.

In answer to Hornblower - I don't know - but he is saying journalist should be telling us about the people that are supposed too....I think..

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes, the Neo Con when in power in the US really go for it.

Have you watched all 3 episodes or just the 1st

He does a good piece on his Blog (if you scroll back through the dates) on Gaddafi - I'll post it later if I find it.

Just watched the 1st one so far, after watching Bitter Lake, so will indulge in the 2nd & 3rd when I get the time. Yep post the Gaddafi thing if you can find it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here