Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship dark horses this season

NorthStandSeagull

Apr 20, 2013
Hove
Every year brings about a surprise, who is yours this year?

Throw my hat in the ring and say charlton. Couple of shrewd signings already and could be very dangerous

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Definitely us. middlesboro to go up automatically and Derby could finish anywhere between first and twentieth

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I actually do think we are dark horses, after last years debacle no one will be expecting us to challenge I think and with a few more decent signings I think a top six finish is a possibility.

other than us as a dark horse I feel Sheffield Wednesday maybe the surprise package.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Birmingham City. Think Rowett has done a decent job there so far, and with a couple of shrewd signings (Already signed PIG today) then they could push for playoffs IMO.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Birmingham City. Think Rowett has done a decent job there so far, and with a couple of shrewd signings (Already signed PIG today) then they could push for playoffs IMO.

Agreed, one of the giants of this division, will do much better than recent seasons. Form under Rowett from when he took over last season would have seen them close to the play-offs and they will only improve with more signings promised.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Talking of Bristol City, Ashton gate starting to look nice for new season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sheffield Wednesday.

They have a few good players, a good defence but that was before they got a new coach. Cannot score either. So maybe they will just be pretenders? They currently have a smaller squad than us so it will depend on signings.

Brentford is another, but they have a new coach as well. They have a 24 man squad and look a settled team.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brentford_F.C.#First-team_squad.

In truth, I don't think there is anything to choose between the teams.

I think right now I would back the teams with full squads, so that rules out Sheff Wed and Brighton. But this could all change with shrewd signings. It all looks like a difficult transfer market with every team looking for a striker or two, some more than others.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Forest, can they be considered dark horses?

I'd like to say us but until I see at least another four GOOD players come in including another decent striker with pace, I'll hold off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we can resign Bobby &..

...Orlandi, Murray, Bridcutt, Buckley, Spanish Dave, Kemy, Ulloa, Ward, Hammond, Barnes, Koosh & Noone, I think we'll be 'there or there abouts'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here