Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood - Signs for Leeds

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
FFS. Of course it's received wisdom that we wouldn't have been able to afford his wages.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
FFS. Of course it's received wisdom that wouldn't have been able to afford him.

Good, I don't like him. Not a good reason not to want him to sign for us but there ya go. He'll no doubt score a few against us and celebrate like he's just won the World Cup. ****.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Good player and Leeds have given him a 4 year deal so they can amortise the fee over that period.
Reportedly didn't enjoy his time with us under Poyet and very unlikely he would choose us over other options even if we had gone for him.......so rumour says anyway :shrug:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I don't think that 2.5m isn't that much for a player who does seem to know where the goal is, unlike our current options. Still, we know better, onwards and upwards etc.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think that 2.5m isn't that much for a player who does seem to know where the goal is, unlike our current options. Still, we know better, onwards and upwards etc.

Meh. He scored 12 goals in 52 for Leicester. His goal scoring record doesn't pull up any trees, except his purple patch at Millwall .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Wood_(footballer,_born_1991)

I honestly reckon he'd be about as useful as our last £2.5m striker if he signed here.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Seems to be rated higher on NSC than anywhere else on the planet.

I wouldn't be unhappy if we had signed him, but reckon there are much better ways of spending £2.5m

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
It's not the 2.5m that would have bothered me, but his wage demands possibly??

He's a player I would have definitely had my eye on. A big useful, goalscoring CF.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Have to say that is a great price for a 23 year old who has already shown he knows where the goal is. He has been messed about a little in his career with countless loan moves, but I can see him settling at Leeds and doing a great job for them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Meh. He scored 12 goals in 52 for Leicester. His goal scoring record doesn't pull up any trees, except his purple patch at Millwall .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Wood_(footballer,_born_1991)

I honestly reckon he'd be about as useful as our last £2.5m striker if he signed here.

He's 23 (TWENTY THREE!) and already solid at Champ level. He's also a hold up striker rather than an out and out goal scorer, so shouldn't be judged purely on goal scoring record. He would've been a superb signing.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Must have been a target last summer but not sure we need him now. ( having said that he's bound to score against us now). We could do with some pace up front...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Fine at this level but hardly anything special.

We can do better. Especially for that well over-inflated fee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here