Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else heading to Lords tomorrow night for T20 Sussex?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
£25 on the gate. Anyone know where you get to sit for that?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I assume it doesn't get anywhere close to selling out on a T20 game.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Ive bust me hip and I'm on crutches so no not going anywhere at the moment, telly box for me.

I do enjoy watching the odd Albion or Sussex game on the telly, gives it another perspective, but anyone going give a big 'Sussex by the Sea' shout for me.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Going up for a few beers in the afternoon and then on to Lords. Should be a good day out.
Late night watching Lionesses then same as Quinney, I'll be in Lower Grand Stand. Only £20 delivered with no booking fee or postage :clap2:
According to the ticket you can take beer in for T20 at Lords (unlike Hove), anyone know if this is correct?

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Late night watching Lionesses then same as Quinney, I'll be in Lower Grand Stand. Only £20 delivered with no booking fee or postage :clap2:
According to the ticket you can take beer in for T20 at Lords (unlike Hove), anyone know if this is correct?

According to the website you can, it doesn't differentiate between t20 and others, which is surprising!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I assume it doesn't get anywhere close to selling out on a T20 game.

Wouldn't be so sure. The Oval is a sell out tonight. That said Surrey to tend to be a bit more proactive than Middlesex on punting their tickets.

Not been this season but it always was two cans of beer OR a bottle of wine.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Yep i am going , can't wait.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Wouldn't be so sure. The Oval is a sell out tonight. That said Surrey to tend to be a bit more proactive than Middlesex on punting their tickets.

Not been this season but it always was two cans of beer OR a bottle of wine.

The Oval tends to appeal to the proles and is therefore much better attended because you can pretty much FALL out of there and into someone/INFERNOS but Lords typically reaches c20k for a t20.

I was in the Warner stand tonight and as usual waited around for the crowds to disappear before taking leave and happened to be stood next to the away dressing room to hear them all singing GOSBTS at full belting volume much to the chagrin of the members in the bar below.

Such an awesome sight too:

image1.JPG

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Oval tends to appeal to the proles and is therefore much better attended because you can pretty much FALL out of there and into someone/INFERNOS but Lords typically reaches c20k for a t20.

I was in the Warner stand tonight and as usual waited around for the crowds to disappear before taking leave and happened to be stood next to the away dressing room to hear them all singing GOSBTS at full belting volume much to the chagrin of the members in the bar below.

View attachment 66586

Who was singing it - you mean the players?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Truly awesome! If only the footballers could share some pride with the club they're representing!!! Remember going to Lords 10 yrs ago for a one dayer there. Loads of Sussex and GOSBTS ringing out around Lords all day :)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

View attachment 66586

I had a T20 season ticket at the Oval for a few of years simply because it was cheap and just across water from my office. Became a victim of it's success really as every game started selling out but their ability to deal with the extra numbers got worse. Hadn't been to a T20 game at Lords until last night, was very impressed. Biggest queue of the night seemed to be the one for the ticket office which we swerved by using a tout. Bars were easy to get to but that may have been down to them not really enforcing their alcohol policy that strictly.

Wasn't a great game for the neutral (especially after the previous nights game) but who cares. Thought they'd be a few more Sussex about to be honest.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely fantastic night, what a place to spend a warm summers evening supping beer and watching Sussex completely out play Middlesex .18,000 there as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here