Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

LHR 3rd runway - news just in...

0 Not allowed!
    Does anyone believe the government will get this right and pledges will actually be met? Or like a long list of other 'projects' this one will also run massively over budget, deliver far short of benefits case, poor *******s forced to move will get a raw deal etc. that's if LHR was the the right decision to start with? Which I personally don't believe it is.

Maybe West Ham will get a free runway as part of the deal! ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33340565
    “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”

• North Stand Chat

advertising

5 Not allowed!
      They've got to approve it first. Ask for comprehensive report from experts, then continuously second-guess findings... this is the useless side of democracy.

Meanwhile in china...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijin...tional_Airport

"A second airport for Beijing was proposed in 2008... Construction of the airport began on Friday, December 26, 2014... Early media reports during September 2011 suggested that there could be up to 9 runways... the projected completion date for the new airport is October 2018"

How on EARTH are we ever going to compete with that? A country without NIMBYism is a country that gets things done for the greater good of its people.

0 Not allowed!
      I am sure David Cameron stated that there would be no expansion of Heathrow. That and the fact that many of his cabinet, and even Mayor of London Borris Johnson are all against expansion.
      You can tell them all that we'll stand or fall for Sussex by the Sea
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Suprised that the traffic situation around M25 M4 Heathrow did not kill idea....what is awfull now will become much worse..Gatwick on the other hand has much less other traffic and could cope more easily..

0 Not allowed!
      It's only a recommendation, not a done deal. Personally, I'd prefer the jobs at Gatwick, but I don't fly, so it matters little to me.
      Tricky-Art for perusal at your leisure. Warning : No Albion content (yet - maybe sometime)

http://www.painters-online.co.uk/artist/TrickyDicky

0 Not allowed!
      Any sane person knows Heathrow is the best option. But it needs a third runway just to cope properly with current volume not more.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Definitely wouldn't happen in Germany

http://www.usatoday.com/story/todayi...2017/20434317/
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Originally the Swankers Garage_Doors's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Any sane person knows Heathrow is the best option. But it needs a third runway just to cope properly with current volume not more.
      Why is the Heathrow the best option?
      More room at Gatwick, and as stated above, less traffic?
      Why is it only sane people share your opinion.
      God Save The Queen

3 Not allowed!
      The thing about 'economic' arguments as the primary decision making influence is that they're usually fabricated lies in hindsight, someone somewhere just gets richer. Social and environmental arguments are secondary, if that, thank god the Victorians had vision to look beyond money. Still, when we're all dying from respiratory illnesses, the sea has swamped most of Sussex and our kids ask what a Lion looked like we can at least say we can fly faster to the Maldives...presuming they still exist
      “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Programme_Seller View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Why is the Heathrow the best option?
      More room at Gatwick, and as stated above, less traffic?
      Why is it only sane people share your opinion.
      You're entitled to your opinion, but I suspect you haven't spend years working full-time on a report for this exact purpose.

Heathrow appears to be the best option because the report says so.

I don't think the report writers forgot to consider the "room at Gatwick".