Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spare/Old Brighton shirt for underprivileged kids in Medellin, Colombia

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Hi All,

In August I'm heading off to Central America to travel around. In October I'm volunteering as a football coach at a project in Medellin, Colombia that promotes social inclusion for kids who come from background of poverty, addiction, violence and/or behavioural problems.

I'll be coaching two teams - u14s and u18s. I had the idea of taking out as many Brighton shirts as I could do to give to the kids a) to provide them with some football kit and b) to hopefully start a little Medellin Seagulls community.

I've emailed the club and Albion in the Community requesting any spare shirts they may have but haven't heard back as I guess they suport enough charities as it is. I was wondering if the members of NSC may be interested in donating some old shirts for me to take out to give to the kids.

I'd of course provide photos once I'm out there and keep you all updated with how it goes. Happy to provide any other info around the project if you want to.

Cheers
Tom

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Have you had any responses, I don't buy them normally but may have one stuffed at the bottom of a draw, how many do you need and where do you want them sent to.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Happy to help out. Are you just looking for home shirts? Pretty sure I've got the old IT First shirt, the Brighton and Hove Jobs one, first Amex kit as well as the yellow Skint shirt we wore the season we stayed up under McGhee. Probably got a few goalkeeper kits knocking about as well. All size L, which in Errea sizes is more like M. Let me know if you are interested and I can dig them out of the attic!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I've got a brand new 13/14 top you can have, plus maybe one or two other bits if you want?

Bad timing as I just donating 3 bin bags full of clothes, one full bag of old BHA kit!
All probably on display in Oxfam towards the bottom of North Street.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
E-mail Paul Barber saying what the charity is and take some pictures and you could get a write up in the programme when you get back they been helpful in the past. Also maybe The REMF may help. Good luck I know someone took a set to Africa and Borneo.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Fantastic project and what an experience for you. Good luck with it. I don't buy replica kits unfortunately. I hope the club at least get in touch with a reply whether they can help you out or not.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Iv'e got the home/away shirts from the Amex first/second season.
I have washed the blood n guts off them:eek:
I will donate them if the club gives you 50 shirts:moo:

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Thanks for all the help offers, really appreciate it. No response from the club as yet but will follow up tomorrow and see what I can do. Does anyone have a direct email for someone at the club as at the moment I'm emailing the general addresses (marketing@bhafc.com etc.)

Appreciate the offers of shirts, looks like we'll be able to get a few but I'll wait and see if we can get a good 15/20 before collecting or asking people to send them. Thanks again and any other with some spare shirts would be great!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Yep I've got one or two i'll donate to a great project like that. Let me know further details when you know.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Write to Avianca, they might give you some extra baggage allowance.
Make them aware anyway there is a big publicity drive on for Colombia at the moment.
Also try Pro Colombia tourist board.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Thanks for all the help offers, really appreciate it. No response from the club as yet but will follow up tomorrow and see what I can do. Does anyone have a direct email for someone at the club as at the moment I'm emailing the general addresses (marketing@bhafc.com etc.)

Appreciate the offers of shirts, looks like we'll be able to get a few but I'll wait and see if we can get a good 15/20 before collecting or asking people to send them. Thanks again and any other with some spare shirts would be great!

I know he is like marmite on here but give Paul Barber an e-mail. I have only contacted him once (and was about a charity) but he was superb and ensured that it got to the right people really quickly. Paul Barber <Paul.Barber@bhafc.co.uk>

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here