Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Lionesses

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
How refreshing to see the England women getting interviewed.

Totally relaxed, enjoying each others company and looking forward to the game.

So unlike the men's team, who always sound and look so guarded, full of standard cliched responses and looking as if they can't wait to get away and look at the latest adverts for pimping up their Bentleys.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Got an immense task on their hands beating the Japanese women. If they somehow get through the semi-final they will have truly put those pampered Premier League knobs in their place.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Got an immense task on their hands beating the Japanese women. If they somehow get through the semi-final they will have truly put those pampered Premier League knobs in their place.

Very much this. Japan look a bang tidy side, punchy and skilful. If England can compete with them and win, that would be a fantastic effort, especially as they are 10/3 at some bookies.

Last edited:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

So unlike the men's team, who always sound and look so guarded, full of standard cliched responses and looking as if they can't wait to get away and look at the latest adverts for pimping up their Bentleys.

Completely agree. I think the key difference is that they actually all seem to;

a) want to be there
and
b) be enjoying themselves

I don't think I can remember the last time it seemed the same attitude was on show in the men's camp. Odd, considering the immense amount of pandering they seem to get.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

The men get interviewed every day of the week, it's no surprise they come back with stock responses, anybody would, plus they're very regulated by their clubs about what the can and can't say. I'd rather watch the women though.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The men get interviewed every day of the week, it's no surprise they come back with stock responses, anybody would, plus they're very regulated by their clubs about what the can and can't say. I'd rather watch the women though.

I don't have a problem with the stock responses and the fact that they have all attended media training.

The England women have broadly the same training about what and what not to say to the media.

The BIG difference is that the men appear to have completely lost sight of what it means to be involved with England and more crucially, what role they have to play as ambassadors for their sport.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Some people do have the imagination to say different things you know.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Some people do have the imagination to say different things you know.

Of course you wouldn't. If you are asked the same questions 10 times a day, you just bat it back without thinking. Now, if the journos asked imaginative and different questions, maybe you'd get interesting answer.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
They already have to my mind just with their attitude to playing for their national team and their determination to get a positive result.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

They are not under any great scrutiny, either by the press or fans, so it lends itself to more endearing characters.

It wouldnt surprise me if they got through to the final that we will see wild celebration on the back pages of our press, whilst some sordid kiss 'n' tell story on one of the players on the centre pages.

It would only take a few experiences like that for them to become the dull, monotone, guarded sportswomen just like their male counterparts.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The men get constantly BATTERED by the press. I find their interviews tedious but understandable given with what they have to put up with from 'journalists'. Some of them may be utter cocks but not all of them are and I don't care how much money you earn you deserve to be treated with a modicum of respect.

That said, the women's interviews are great to listen to.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Those Norwegan birds done a pretty good summary of the wimmins game I thought!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The men are just overpaid twats who couldn't give two shites about their country...No togetherness or passion and the equals failure.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So much about the women's team makes them so much more attractive than the men...

They don't dive, they don't argue with often ridiculous refereeing decisions, they seem to get on with each other.

I didn't think I'd watch this World Cup but I've been sucked in, and the contrast with how much I've enjoyed the matches is in stark contrast to the antipathy that I have felt when watching the Under 21s - and not just because they were crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here