Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Americans try a British breakfast for the first time..

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
aren't beans are 'merkin in the first place?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
She starts off by saying most people have this for breakfast most days. That would suggest an average life expectancy in England of about 50. Like they have in Scotland

Exactly, we're not Americans. This is more like the traditional English Breakfast:

Kellogg-s-blaze-sparked-by-jammed-Corn-Flakes.jpg

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
She starts off by saying most people have this for breakfast most days. That would suggest an average life expectancy in England of about 50. Like they have in Scotland

Timbo,

50 would be lucky age if you eat that every day!

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Bear in mind that a full English containing baked beans, mushrooms and tomato does cound as three of your five a day - probably.

absolutely does. steer clear of the fried slice and sausage, grill the bacon and poach the egg, then there's not a lot wrong with it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
steer clear of the fried slice and sausage
Get out, and don't come back.

Some quotes - I think American bacon is better because it's greasier :facepalm:
American breakfast was better because you could have desert for breakfast, you know you could have something sweet or something savory.

What, you think we can't have those things here, you dumb bitch! It's one breakfast, against one of yours, not one breakfast against all the food that's available in America.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

American breakfast was better because you could have desert for breakfast, you know you could have something sweet or something savory.

What, you think we can't have those things here, you dumb bitch! It's one breakfast, against one of yours, not one breakfast against all the food that's available in America.

woosah.gif

poidy

Aug 3, 2009

What did you expect from "God bless America the greatest country in the world and any other nation, culture and people is inferior to our own"

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

which having said beans are not breakfast food and complaining about "pudding" at breakfast, seemed particularly daft bint-ish.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
On my first trip to the 'States, I ordered blueberry waffles for breakfast at a diner.

They were around 6 inches diameter, stacked 8 inches tall, and arrived on a huge plate with crispy bacon, and something called "link" sausages... and a pot of maple syrup.

Americans have no right to criticize anyone elses breakfasts!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
On my first trip to the 'States, I ordered blueberry waffles for breakfast at a diner.

They were around 6 inches diameter, stacked 8 inches tall, and arrived on a huge plate with crispy bacon, and something called "link" sausages... and a pot of maple syrup.

America has clearly worn off on you.

I do find this a bit weird when I order breakfast there

Bacon, eggs, sausages for breakfast :thumbsup:

Pancakes or French toast with syrup for breakfast :thumbsup:

On the SAME plate :ohmy:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
America has clearly worn off on you.

I do find this a bit weird when I order breakfast there

Bacon, eggs, sausages for breakfast :thumbsup:

Pancakes or French toast with syrup for breakfast :thumbsup:

On the SAME plate :ohmy:
Man, I absolutely love pancakes, maple syrup and bacon!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Exactly, we're not Americans. This is more like the traditional English Breakfast:

Kellogg-s-blaze-sparked-by-jammed-Corn-Flakes.jpg

exactly, an american breakfast is totally different, consisting often of erm, eggs, bacon, sausages, toast.

English people get so small time when it comes to America, we behave like Jocks to to the English. "look at us look at us we are slightly different".

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
What did you expect from "God bless America the greatest country in the world and any other nation, culture and people is inferior to our own"

yeah no one could ever lay that accusation against us eh, especially our inferiority/superiority complex towards the US, a large part of whos culture is dropped directly from the British Isles, including their breakfasts.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

they are called link sausages in Scotland too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here