Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kauto Star RIP

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
A cracker of a horse. Many memories of Gold Cup afternoons in The Albion. A few big wins for me too. 15 years old.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Kauto Star Has Died

I'm not a racing fan, but I know many on here are and I know enough to know that he was a successful horse - apparently he had a fall and had to be euthanised as a result

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Can I pre-order my pot of souvenir glue on here?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Oh boy. Does anyone have any autographed pictures of Kauto Star?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Oh boy. Does anyone have any autographed pictures of Kauto Star?

Ruby walsh and kauto star.jpg

Here you go - signature of the jockey thrown in too for good measure.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Super to appreciate someone/something achieving the pinnacle in their sport. Since something like F1 interests me in no way whatsoever, I would sooner have a carrot half munched by the likes of Kauto Star than a polo shirt from Lewis Hamilton.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just read Desert Orchid again thanks to this, so something good has come out of it.

:lolol: Thanks for the reminder, seeing US get on his "high horse" is always amusing

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Because it is an animal , it has no worth to mankind whatsover, it is just good for dog food ( NSC philosophy ). The fact is was loved by millions of race fans and was a unique character who had a never give up attitude ( nearly said never say die but thought that would give an excuse for a hilarious joke ) he was a very special animal. He won 4 King George races in a row and the Cheltenham Gold cup and countless other big races. He was invited to lead the Gold cup horses allow the turf at cheltenham which he did do until this year. The old fella knew he was at cheltenham and would have raced at 26 if he was allowed to. A real character.

He nearly died at 14 with colic but made a miraculous recovery and was a fondly remember horse thats courage and spirit was a joy to see. He was a celebrity opening supermarkets and shows.

I like many others thought his win at the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 1989 was the greatest ever sporting moment. He simply refused to be beaten with ground against him in the hardest jumping race of the year and was 2 lenghts down and tiring in the final furlong but summoned the strength to win on the line was truely wonderful.

but hey its only a horse, lots of childish jokes to be made and take the piss out of people.

NSC really is shit nowadays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here