Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The next forward

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Hughton has said he'd like another forward. This is good. Many would like this to be Zamora. I'd rather it's someone who is rapid, and have a preference for a young, up-and-coming year-long loan from a PL club, such as Akpom, James Wilson or Sam Gallagher.
But what's the view on NSC?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hughton has said he'd like another forward. This is good. Many would like this to be Zamora. I'd rather it's someone who is rapid, and have a preference for a young, up-and-coming year-long loan from a PL club, such as Akpom, James Wilson or Sam Gallagher.
I'd like all those attributes, but in a foreign youngster who has junior international experience, contracted to the club.

If CoG sees his future elsewhere, then that'll leave a Bobby sized place to be filled.

Last edited:

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing

As much as I would love to see BZ in the stripes again, we already have 2 similar forwards in O`Grady and Hemed. ( similar in style, not necessarily quality ) Having watched Akpom tear the U21s apart last season, he would be perfect to be the alternative for Baldock. We have 3 strikers on the books now, unless we sell O`Grady, the fourth will surely be a loan.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are you serious? BZ is still class Maynard league one.

BZ is now well past his best he WAS class but not for long enough periods now. Nicky Maynard is quicker , younger, less injury prone and an established Championship player.and IMHO offers a better option. People want BZ purely for nostalgia nd expectation of repeating his previous spell with us not based on his current ability.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
BZ is now well past his best he WAS class but not for long enough periods now. Nicky Maynard is quicker , younger, less injury prone and an established Championship player.and IMHO offers a better option. People want BZ purely for nostalgia nd expectation of repeating his previous spell with us not based on his current ability.

I wouldn't be so sure..from todays Nottingham Post:
Maynard will be looking to prove his fitness following several injury plagued seasons.

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nicky...tory-26797753-detail/story.html#ixzz3eUFFmwpy
Follow us: @Nottingham_Post on Twitter | NottinghamPostOnline on Facebook

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here