Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chefs you can't stand

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Many people in the golden triangle (the roads around Fiveways, BN1) say that the chef in the (unnamed Fiveways cafe) is a bit of a 'difficult character.' Great grub though.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Anthony Worrall Thompson wins this award by a mile. Slimey, creepy, odd fellow who can't actually seem to cook very well.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I used to quite like Ainsley Harriott, but watching his street food show, he really comes across as a whiny person you wouldn't enjoy a holiday with.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I used to quite like Ainsley Harriott, but watching his street food show, he really comes across as a whiny person you wouldn't enjoy a holiday with.

One of my ex bosses sacked him when he was a chef at Lords said he was absolutely useless at making a profit. He was appaenly good using prime cuts of meat but had no idea on using cheaper cuts so that the whole piece of meat brought about a profit.

I likd the old Cant Cook Wont cook, wish they would bring it back.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Anthony Worrall Thompson wins this award by a mile. Slimey, creepy, odd fellow who can't actually seem to cook very well.

This.
Can't stand Nigella either, who is just so transparently hamming it up that it's revolting. The food she champions isn't up to much either and is ... how shall this be put? ... fattening.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Nigel Slater

Ha Ha! Have to agree. Got his silly programme on in the background right now, how can someone be so enthusiastic about fxxk all? 'Ooh, I am so excited by this Ghanain classic version of an historic desert recipe', sign of a great salesman/presenter I guess.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This.
Can't stand Nigella either, who is just so transparently hamming it up that it's revolting. The food she champions isn't up to much either and is ... how shall this be put? ... fattening.

She just takes things out of packets and eats them, nice rack though!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ha Ha! Have to agree. Got his silly programme on in the background right now, how can someone be so enthusiastic about fxxk all? 'Ooh, I am so excited by this Ghanain classic version of an historic desert recipe', sign of a great salesman/presenter I guess.

His mid-week recipes are good though.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
All cookery programmes have one basic flaw, you can't taste the food. It's like watching a music programme with the sound turned off

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The only problem with this premise is the fact that Slates isn't a chef.
He's a food writer, and IMO a fookin good one.

His recipe books are spot on and are far superior to the Gordon & Jamie's of this world.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Kevin Wooodford.

The glare he produced when we were on the practice putting green in Spain a few years back whereupon my colleague ejaculated 'Can't Putt, Won't Putt'.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Jamie Oliver annoys me with his constant 'good old this, good old that (insert any food, it's all good old)... Also, he's obsessed with sprinkling / dropping things from a height & serving things on giant boards etc.

That said his food is generally good to look at, tasty to eat & easy to cook (for a novice like me anyway!) his fantastic fish pie from one of his early books is a firm favourite of mine (and family!)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This.
Indeed. Look carefully (without being distracted by her breasts!) And you'll see she can't even use a knife!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here