Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Music collaborations

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really enjoying FFS, think this album has legs and is a modern masterpiece in the making.

I was also recently impressed by the RocketNumber9 collab with Neneh Cherry which worked so well. How the hell did Kieren Hebden figure those two would work so well?

Any other stand out musical marriages you can think of?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Really enjoying FFS, think this album has legs and is a modern masterpiece in the making.

I was also recently impressed by the RocketNumber9 collab with Neneh Cherry which worked so well. How the hell did Kieren Hebden figure those two would work so well?

Any other stand out musical marriages you can think of?

You're talking about musical flings in my view, rather than marriages. If we're talking marriages, then Neil Young and Crazy Horse.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
The idea of Sparks and Franz Ferdinand sounds fantastic, but, Ron's incredible dancing excepted, I was a bit underwhelmed by their Glasto set.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Von Sudenfed which was Mark E Smith and Mouse on Mars.

Very good call!

I remember reading an interview with Mark E Smith about this and he stated the only reason he worked with them was because they had a good work ethic and would always turn up on time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Tom Tom Club and David Byrne seemed to work out quite well.

The Tom Tom Club was a splinter group of Talking Heads, not a collaboration with Byrne.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here