Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Official Wimbledon 2015 Thred**

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
C'mon Andy!!

:clap:

Arguably the greatest fortnight of the British sporting calendar as the whole nation goes tennis bonkers for 2 weeks. Liam Broady currently fighting the good fight against Marco Manikevic but a set down.

This is your ten minute warning for action on the show courts to begin.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the whole nation, you mean the BBC ram it down the throats of the British public until they are sick of it
it has not started yet and I am already sick of it

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I hate Tennis but more specifically the Centre court crowd who it seems have been sourced directly from the WI and the Chelsea Flower show. Any sporting event where a high pitched Mexican wave is in operation, Cliff Richard has sang or has bored royalty in attendance is one in which I never wish to partake.

With an appalling sporting summer in progress and nothing better to bet on, however, I have a financial interest in our favourite Scotch man Andy Murray. So, with regret, I am in the C'mon Andy club and will be watching.

When does the Football season start?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Probably worth a punt on every Brit in the singles tournament except Murray to be knocked out by Wednesday, [MENTION=17261]Iggle Piggle[/MENTION]

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Probably worth a punt on every Brit in the singles tournament except Murray to be knocked out by Wednesday, [MENTION=17261]Iggle Piggle[/MENTION]

It probably is worth betting on given the paucity of talent but it's not an immediately obvious bet on oddschecker nor one which will make you rich.

I've backed Murray to win Wimbledon at 100/30 with the skybet special on Friday and at 8-1 for SPOTY on the basis if he wins Wimbledon he wins that. My aim is to cover the stakes on both bets on Betfair for the Wimbledon win somewhere between Evens and 2-1 in the later stages and pray he doesn't get himself knocked out by some unknown from Azerbaijan in the meantime. This would leave me with a free bet on SPOTY and a small win on the Murray Wimbledon win.

Djokovic getting beat early would help but is not something I expect to happen.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The smell of the lawns; one strawberry or two?; 15-30; 30-15; juice; out!; you cannot be serious!; cliff richard; is he? Isn’t he?; jumpers for netposts; Steffi’s legs; new balls!; monica’s grunts; aaaargh my back!; chalkdust; come on Tim!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm most looking forward to some hilarious BANTER between the BBC presenters, it really is laugh-a-minute with them. I really hope Virginia Wade is still involved too, she has the PERFECT voice for commentary.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm most looking forward to some hilarious BANTER between the BBC presenters, it really is laugh-a-minute with them. I really hope Virginia Wade is still involved too, she has the PERFECT voice for commentary.

Virginia Wade #Bantz
Sue Barker #TopBantz
Tim Henman #Archbishop of Banterbury

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
C'mon Andy!!

Arguably the greatest fortnight of the British sporting calendar as the whole nation goes tennis bonkers for 2 weeks. Liam Broady currently fighting the good fight against Marco Manikevic but a set down.

This is your ten minute warning for action on the show courts to begin.

I shall be studiously avoiding it for the next two weeks. I would rather stick pins in my eyes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am so dlad tht we are wy for it so will not ave to be bored with TV saturation of it. Great fo Tennis lovers awful for nn like me but then I suppose at is the same for football and the Blatter Cup.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I am so dlad tht we are wy for it so will not ave to be bored with TV saturation of it. Great fo Tennis lovers awful for nn like me but then I suppose at is the same for football and the Blatter Cup.

Have you had a stroke? Or turned, Tom Hanks like, into a 12 year old?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
the whole nation, you mean the BBC ram it down the throats of the British public until they are sick of it
it has not started yet and I am already sick of it

It's about the only thing the BBC will have left, now they've lost the Olympics from 2022.

Joanna Konta from Eastbourne is playing Maria Sharapova on the centre court, right now. Local interest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If you fancy spending two minutes watching Wimbledon at it's very cringetastic worst, have a listen to the Aussie twàts in the crowd RUINING the experience for everyone else in the deciding set of Lleyton Hewitt v Niemenen. Currently 8-8 BTW, but hopefully the Aussie will be out soon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here