Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All hail the goddess of sewage!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/kennington-flooding-commuter-chaos-as-burst-pipe-plunges-busy-south-london-junction-underwater-10351910.html

CIpto14WwAAcXCs.jpg

And who works in that white building in the middle of that shot? Meade does! And when has Meade been told to go back into work after being shepherded out at 10.10 today? Wednesday! Yeepiddlinghaaaaa! I now worship Cloacina, the Roman goddess of drains.
An added bonus is that the sewage entering the building is going down to our HR department. I don't entirely know why, but HR departments seem to deserve it, in my mind.

Off to the park soon to burn and then to the cinema.
What would you do if you had to flee your workplace for the rest of today and tomorrow thanks to gaggles of poop?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'd see if you can push it to Thursday, looks like tomorrow and Wednesday are going to be BAKING.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Hahah, brilliant quote:

"You could see water gushing and bubbling like there was a fountain," he said. "There was a whirlpool where they must have opened up a drain, and all the water was draining away like a bathtub. It was crazy."It was from pavement to pavement, and at some points it was overlapping the pavement like a river bursting its banks."

shocking scenes. In other news, 2000 people dead in landslide.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
holy shit...

be surprised if you're allowed back in to the office on Wednesday if there's raw sewage in the basement/lower ground floors.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Top tomato plants at a sewage treatment plant near you!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Raw Sewage, you just wait until the council drain sniffers get a load of that .... You'll be off until next Monday .... at least! (Or relocated)!!

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Same shit different day. Or should that be different shit every day.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Raw Sewage, you just wait until the council drain sniffers get a load of that .... You'll be off until next Monday .... at least! (Or relocated)!!

We have emergency offices somewhere in Uxbridge, or summink. Ideally a couple of days off will have Paul Reids Sock sort it and prevent me from having to cycle 2 hours and 11 minutes to get there, according to googlemaps.
It's not the first time we've struck by such a turdami. At a presentation a few years ago an experienced member of staff spoke of a similar incident 25 years ago. He sat down after telling us about moving all the soggy files and ordering new equipment and desks, before standing once more to utter the words "the walls were coated with excrement". I liked that guy before he retired. He said meeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh a lot and swept leftover mince pies into a carrier bag at our Christmas do's to consume at a later date.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here