Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What things annoy you - even though they shouldn't really?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I was compelled to start this post after watching Glastonbury on TV.

For me, something that always irritates me is festival go-ers that sit on the shoulders of their boyfriends. Seems to be nothing to do with getting a better view - more like, I'm gorgeous and it's more important that people see me than it is important that the people behind can actually see the stage.

Irrational I know, seeing as I'm on my sofa - I'm speaking up on behalf of those affected!

In the olden days, such people would have been easy targets for a bottle of urine being thrown at them...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
On the Glastonbury theme...seeing as it's just been on...presenters who declare every single set as amazing, superb, ground-breaking etc.

Sometimes, performances are crap, or you don't like the band. Tell it like it is!.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Reminded by another thread. "Inter Milan" and "AC Milan".

Referring to Inter Milan is like saying London Arsenal. It's simply not their name. And we don't incessantly refer to Liverpool FC on the TV, it's just Liverpool.

It's "Inter" (or Internazionale) and "Milan".

#PedantOfTheWeek

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
inter-milan-crest1.jpg

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
TV previews at the start of almost every show . Bad enough as generally ruins all the best bits but now you get previews of each section to entice you to stay when the adverts come on . Totally ruins any surprise the show may hold .

You can also lump film trailers into this . Absolute spoilers and ruined many a film .

You need a bit of advertising but it's all got so extreme .

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
People walking down the high street and eating at the same time. I know we all have less spare time these days etc but take a minute, sit on a bench, enjoy your food. Especially prevalent on weekday lunch times as hordes of office workers cram pastries and cream fancies from Greggs into their faces. It doesn't affect me, it doesn't hinder me but it does annoy me.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
TV previews at the start of almost every show . Bad enough as generally ruins all the best bits but now you get previews of each section to entice you to stay when the adverts come on . Totally ruins any surprise the show may hold .

You can also lump film trailers into this . Absolute spoilers and ruined many a film .

You need a bit of advertising but it's all got so extreme .

Especially when they more and more frequently nowadays say "it does what it says on the tin" Even when that particular product doesn't even come in a tin !

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The increasing number of people on NSC who write then instead of than. My irrational reaction to it is way beyond what it should be.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Another one from me - and I admit this is VERY petty. Film posters where the names above the stars pictured don't match! Quite often you'll get a nice uniform pic of 4 people in a row - then the names above don't tally. I know this is probably because of what stars are demanding as top billing etc, but it's just a small irritation that is very petty indeed!

Screen Shot 2015-06-29 at 14.00.47.png

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not being able to post properly

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The word disenfranchised

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Receiving telephone calls from a machine and not having the option to tell the machine to feck off.

Oh and the machine station announcer which personally apologises for the train being delayed or cancelled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here