Jeeez this is horrific

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
As he knew it was his own son, you'd expect him to take proper care. Goes to show that even a low speed impact can have terrible consequences.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As he knew it was his own son, you'd expect him to take proper care. Goes to show that even a low speed impact can have terrible consequences.

The Police didn't think it was as low as he claimed. You still see parents out cycling with their kids with no helmets though.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The Police didn't think it was as low as he claimed. You still see parents out cycling with their kids with no helmets though.

Yes, its a tough call. Especially when there's only one account. Helmets just ain't cool to kids. I see some riding around with them dangling off the handlebars. Parents at home none the wiser.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
You still see parents out cycling with their kids with no helmets though.
See it almost daily when I cycle to work. It really does my head in, especially as the roads around my area are so busy.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I always wear a helmet when cycling myself, but the reality is that most bicycle helmets probably aren't going to save your life or prevent serious harm in a 'significant' collision any more than not wearing one.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
What were the police thinking in bringing this prosecution...Can you think of anything worse to live with than the fact you had killed your own son.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
What were the police thinking in bringing this prosecution...Can you think of anything worse to live with than the fact you had killed your own son.

The police don't 'bring the prosecution', a file of evidence is presented to CPS and they authorise the charge (or not). As well as having to pass the 'evidential threshold' ie a realistic chance of a prosecution, the charging CPS lawyer will have to consider whether it's in the public interest to proceed, this will take the circs of this horrible scenario into consideration...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Of course there is nothing worse but the Police evidence seem to suggest he was driving 4 times faster than he claimed and that his son was actually cycling at 16/20 mph rather than being stationary as his father suggested. Careless driving is careless driving.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of course there is nothing worse but the Police evidence seem to suggest he was driving 4 times faster than he claimed and that his son was actually cycling at 16/20 mph rather than being stationary as his father suggested. Careless driving is careless driving.

All true, but my knee jerk reaction to this was
'innocent or guilty doesn't really change anything in the whole scheme of things'.

Sure that's not 'justice', but nevertheless I think I'd struggle to call the father even more guilty than he already is.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And your point is......?

,Presumably they were of the opinion that he lied about the circumstances. In their opinion, why lie? Desperately sad case. Do I think the CPS should have prosecuted? Probably not. But, I was giving an opinion as to why they might have considered it necessary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here