Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Direct Millitary action against IS

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The IS attack in Kuwait was targeted at Shia Muslims, who are considered heretics by the Sunni IS followers. This poses a direct threat to several Middle Eastern countries and to the Shia minority in other ME countries like Saudi Arabia. It is time for the Saudis to establish a broad ME military coalition to take on IS. They have acquired billions of dollars worth of military equipment. Now is the time to put it to use against IS while the Western powers watch from the side lines and deal only with threats within our own borders.

No, they're not. What a terrifying world you must live in.

ISIS is very much confined to the Middle East, specifically Iraq and Syria - Jihadist converts are leaving Western countries to fight there.

We really do need to restore peace in Syria as it is the epicentre of it all. It's infuriating how catastrophic Western foreign policy has been, however it's not too late to adopt "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" doctrine and work with Assad to defeat ISIS.

So when someone goes bang on the tube or strafes a shopping mall with an AK47 and Isis take credit it won't really be Isis?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, they're not. What a terrifying world you must live in.

ISIS is very much confined to the Middle East, specifically Iraq and Syria - Jihadist converts are leaving Western countries to fight there.

We really do need to restore peace in Syria as it is the epicentre of it all. It's infuriating how catastrophic Western foreign policy has been, however it's not too late to adopt "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" doctrine and work with Assad to defeat ISIS.

WE don't need to do anything in Syria.
IS are attacking all over the world, such as Baghdad, Paris, Grenoble, Sousse, Ottowa. Riyadh, Sana’a (Yemen) etc etc.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
There is direct military action against IS. We have been bombing their command centers, and installations for over a year now havnt we?.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So when someone goes bang on the tube or strafes a shopping mall with an AK47 and Isis take credit it won't really be Isis?

quite probably not. people can sign up to any banner to give them a higher profile for their actions. think of it as a loose franchise. ISIL are fighting an actual war in Syria and Iraq, they dont have the man power to opening front in western nations or elsewhere. however anyone local who has been suitably indoctrinated to the general principle of war on the kafir (whoever that may be), can sign off their work under the ISIL name and they are quite happy to accept that.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
There is direct military action against IS. We have been bombing their command centers, and installations for over a year now havnt we?.

Correct, daily as a matter of fact. But the 'boots on the ground' theory isn't going to work. The British Army is in no fit state to get involved in a conflict. You can't even class the British army as an 'army' as there is so little personnel due to the cuts, we would need serious support from other nations. Technically they would now be described as a defence force.

I don't think anyone knows how to deal with ISIS.

I'm not sure you gents are making the differentiation between ISIS, the militarised barbarians in black who are fighting for an Islamic state in Syria and the Levant, and the rogue brainswashed Jihadist nutters in the West, or the countless other Islamist militant groups going under various names in different countries.

God forbid there is another terrorist attack here, it won't be by ISIS - it would almost certainly be by a young brainwashed misanthropist. Inspired by ISIS perhaps, but that's why we need to restore peace in Syria so desperately - that's where they are based, the violence there is inspiring Jihadism all around the world, it needs to end.

Jihadis are travelling abroad, being trained by Isis ,coming back to the UK and planning to wipe us out,that is what is happening,we should be banging up returning jihadis for the rest of their lives not a couple of years .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm not sure you gents are making the differentiation between ISIS, the militarised barbarians in black who are fighting for an Islamic state in Syria and the Levant, and the rogue brainswashed Jihadist nutters in the West, or the countless other Islamist militant groups going under various names in different countries.

God forbid there is another terrorist attack here, it won't be by ISIS - it would almost certainly be by a young brainwashed misanthropist. Inspired by ISIS perhaps, but that's why we need to restore peace in Syria so desperately - that's where they are based, the violence there is inspiring Jihadism all around the world, it needs to end.

You are wrong. ISIS have got fighters on the refugee boats and fighters coming into the UK in the backs of Lorries, NOW, TODAY. God knows how many but it is just very naïve to be so sure they are not here

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

This - but only to a point.

Pointing out ISIS do not represent the majority of Muslims isn't some kind of warped Liberal platitude or political correctness gone mad. It's the truth. You think the Muslim world should do something about it? From Not In My Name[ to the Shia resistance there are plenty of Muslims fighting ISIS. Sorting out the situation in Syria will certainly help, from reducing the need to radicalise to easing the current refugee crisis in Europe. It is in no way a panacea however.

Firstly anyone who has been radicalised and is out there would come home but they'd still be brainwashed. It would arguably make the situation in the UK more dangerous in the short term (or would certainly lead to a lot of overtime in the security services).

Secondly another conflict would kick off somewhere else and the cycle would repeat. It's not often I agree with Nigel Farage but he got one thing right on tv yesterday. We have made the situation in the Middle East worse by deposing Saddam and Colonel Ghadaffi, not better. From Afghanistan to Iraq our record in Islamic countries is less than glorious and getting Syria "right" would be both subjective and move us straight on to the next one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You are wrong. ISIS have got fighters on the refugee boats and fighters coming into the UK in the backs of Lorries, NOW, TODAY. God knows how many but it is just very naïve to be so sure they are not here

I think that is an over reaction, as the vast majority of illegal immigrants are not from IS.
What is more of a threat is the internet. Disillusioned youngsters already living in this country are being groomed or coerced via the internet.

What that article is saying is that local forces need to be helped with training etc. Let the Afghans fight the Taliban, let the Tunisians police their own country.
Air strikes are helping but the battle will be won by local people, eventually.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Round them up, put 'em in a field, and bomb the bastaaaaaaaaards!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I think that is an over reaction, as the vast majority of illegal immigrants are not from IS.
What is more of a threat is the internet. Disillusioned youngsters already living in this country are being groomed or coerced via the internet.

What that article is saying is that local forces need to be helped with training etc. Let the Afghans fight the Taliban, let the Tunisians police their own country.
Thats worked spectacularly well so far in Iraq hasnt it ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I'm not quite sure what you're suggesting. As others have pointed out, we're already taking military action against IS in Syria and Iraq. You seem to be suggesting army patrols in UK shopping centres and tube stations ... which would be a totally mad idea.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Iraq is still Iraqi and not IS. The Iraqi army has lost some battles and won some. Overall, they are winning.

Not so sure they are winning. If they were winning, it would be on the news. There has been a noticeable dearth of news from Fallujah, and Ramadi.

I'm not quite sure what you're suggesting. As others have pointed out, we're already taking military action against IS in Syria and Iraq. You seem to be suggesting army patrols in UK shopping centres and tube stations ... which would be a totally mad idea.

May sound like madness but if it saves lives.
The other alternative may be to bang up returning jihadis for the rest of their lives,I think that would be the best answer.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Ok then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here