Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phil Neville appointed assistant coach at Valencia

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Not a surprise really - I belive he's the co-owner of Salford Reds (if that's their right name) along with the owner of ............... you got it .................Valencia!!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why would a man gaining more experience in a different environment be a loss to the English game?

The English game might not be quite so shitehouse if we weren't just a bunch of little islanders, where mediocre is lauded as saviour.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Of course Phil Was quoted (in an interview in the Mail in January) and claimed he turned us down last summer.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...r-United-good-slept-two-hours-night-work.html

I got offered a job in the summer – Brighton – and I turned it down, and people close to me thought I was stupid.
‘But if I’m going to do something I need to be good at it. I need to have done all the qualifications. I need to get enough experience under my belt.
‘Right now I just don’t think it’s for me. One, because I don’t think I’m ready. I’m doing the Pro Licence at the moment but I don’t have enough experience. I’ve not done enough hours in the trenches. I’ve signed a two-year contract with the BBC and I see it as part of my learning. And there may be another path for me.

And also a few press stories that he was in line for job post Gus in 2013.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Of course Phil Was quoted (in an interview in the Mail in January) and claimed he turned us down last summer.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...r-United-good-slept-two-hours-night-work.html

I got offered a job in the summer – Brighton – and I turned it down, and people close to me thought I was stupid.
‘But if I’m going to do something I need to be good at it. I need to have done all the qualifications. I need to get enough experience under my belt.
‘Right now I just don’t think it’s for me. One, because I don’t think I’m ready. I’m doing the Pro Licence at the moment but I don’t have enough experience. I’ve not done enough hours in the trenches. I’ve signed a two-year contract with the BBC and I see it as part of my learning. And there may be another path for me.

And also a few press stories that he was in line for job post Gus in 2013.

I think there is some truth in it, though he may be stretching it a little to claim he was actually offered the job.

My understanding is that he was interviewed, and that the club did like him, but for reasons that shall remain unpublicised, they went with another candidate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here