Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pinball Tables

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Currently Spending hours and hours playing The Addams Family pinball table on the brilliant Pinball Arcade app. A magnificent simulation of a brilliant pinball table - it is awesome. This was my all-time favourite table in the arcade. Which one was yours?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Currently Spending hours and hours playing The Addams Family pinball table on the brilliant Pinball Arcade app. A magnificent simulation of a brilliant pinball table - it is awesome. This was my all-time favourite table in the arcade. Which one was yours?

Playboy was my favourite back in the day, great layout...used to play it with someone you & everyone else on here knows upstairs @ The Córdoba in Western Road.
Who would that be? pint behind the back bar in WSL to the winner 1st game of season

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Used to love playing in the Caxton years ago, Addams family the best but the terminator lethal weapon Star Wars all good.

The pinball arcade game is fantastic.

Jul 7, 2003

This is a great app. I have FishTales which is frustratingly realistic in the speed of the table (used to be one in The Cricketers at Gillingham) and also Creature From The Black Lagoon which was always one of my favourites.

It's a shame that they cancelled the South Coast Slam this year as I missed it the last couple of times and there are so few places with pinball machines these days.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
"Shoot the Cat" was my favourite in the early '70s. There was one in the arcade opposite the pier, one in the Bath Arms and one in the basement of the Trafalgar Café in Trafalgar Street where we met before going to the Goldstone. That lovely "THUNK" noise as you clocked up a replay was unforgettable. Pinballs soon then went completely electronic and lost their magic like a lot of the good stuff back in the day.

Playboy was my favourite back in the day, great layout...used to play it with someone you & everyone else on here knows upstairs @ The Córdoba in Western Road.
Who would that be? pint behind the back bar in WSL to the winner 1st game of season
Loved the music, they had it in the Newmarket cafe. beavers nest had Future Spa and the ol kebab house had Silverball Mania. Also liked space invaders (pinball) and black knight

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Where are there any real pinball tables left in Brighton? I think there are two in the arcade just to the west of the Palace Pier - any others out there?

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany

That was my favourite during my uni days.. Thanks for the tip, I will dl the app and take a walk down memory lane.

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
My favourite was Star Trek Next Generation. Spent hours on that in my student union bar. Loved fish tales and the Guns and Roses one.
Didn't know that app existed. Will check it out. Cheers.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Where are there any real pinball tables left in Brighton? I think there are two in the arcade just to the west of the Palace Pier - any others out there?

I have 3 dormant in my garage but to try and actually help locate some for you the last one I played was in the Henty Arms Ferring a fortnight back (Btw the Steak & Kidney suet pudding special is the best pub meal in the World)
There must be others out there in pubs!?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I used to love playing pinball - I was better at it than I was at video arcade games too. 'Haunted House' was the best in my opinion, triple level playfield and some lovely spot effects and music :thumbsup:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Whilst the missus was dress shopping in Brighton yesterday, I nipped into the Dead Wax Social for a swift half. Having shopped most of North Laine, she returned to find me still playing pinball. Craft beer, vinyl and pizzas are a big improvement on what was a ropey cocktail bar. Pinball a bonus. Just need to remember what the table was, before someone asks

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I played the Indiana Jones pinball machine for hours and hours at university. Once I had a really high score and a fight broke out behind me. I ended up capturing the ball, putting the flipper up and held it in position with one hand as I cowered under the machine while all hell broke lose. No way was I losing that score.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Whilst the missus was dress shopping in Brighton yesterday, I nipped into the Dead Wax Social for a swift half. Having shopped most of North Laine, she returned to find me still playing pinball. Craft beer, vinyl and pizzas are a big improvement on what was a ropey cocktail bar. Pinball a bonus. Just need to remember what the table was, before someone asks

Ripleys believe it or not - was the table. See I knew I would get there in the end.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
"Shoot the Cat" was my favourite in the early '70s. There was one in the arcade opposite the pier, one in the Bath Arms and one in the basement of the Trafalgar Café in Trafalgar Street where we met before going to the Goldstone. That lovely "THUNK" noise as you clocked up a replay was unforgettable. Pinballs soon then went completely electronic and lost their magic like a lot of the good stuff back in the day.

"THWACK" was the noise! Used to play Eight Ball all the time at Uni, loving it when I could dead flipper bounce the ball to get it under control. I can still hear the mid-atlantic instructions in my mind's ear: "Get the Eight Ball..."

Will check out the app.

PG

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I loved all the PIN BALL machines and would play them mainly in West Street, a rollar coaster one, Alvira and the Adams family two I remember fondly. You can find excellent on line versions on Apps now and most for free, they even play okay on i pads and i phones now.

I recommend a new one that comes free with Mac products, its a real switch off from work for me when I need to change my mind set.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/the-deep-pinball/id317133458?mt=8

Attachments

• Deep 11.jpg
    Deep 11.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 46

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My favourite was Star Trek Next Generation. Spent hours on that in my student union bar. Loved fish tales and the Guns and Roses one.
Didn't know that app existed. Will check it out. Cheers.
Bonjour, mon capitan! Let's play a little game.
We don't have time for your games, Q.

And when you tilted, Mr Worf told you that you have no honour. Probably my favourite as well although I did like Funhouse and Whirlwind. The sounds in Star Wars were good as well - Extra Ball you have!

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
terminator-pinball.jpg

This was my favourite, played for hours in Tenerife in the mid 90's, multi-ball was great fun. Perfected looping the ball around the left and right rails continuously.

Enjoyed up with an audience at one stage after smashing the highest score, ended up leaving several won credits in the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here