Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can someone start a Hastings is a great place to live thread please

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
The Carlisle , the Pilot field , White Rock Theater , the old town fish market , can't think of anything else .

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Because that's where I'm thinking of moving to

You are thinking of moving from Spain to Hastings? ???

image.jpg

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It's got history. And Stuff.

Um..

Um...

Yeah...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I lived both near and then in Hastings between the ages of 13 - 19. Went to the old FE college there in St Leonards, had a blast and loved the place.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Firehills are pretty impressive. As with most towns there's a few dodgy areas. Alexandra Park has had a lot of work done to it and looks great. The Old Town is always a good place to spend an afternoon or night. Beer festival next weekend as well, unfortunately I'm working nights so will have to miss it this year.

When the kids were young we used to go to Hastings and I remember it as fairly seedy. But i spent a few days there a couple of months back and I thought it had improved a lot. The old town was good, there seems to be a fair amount going on in the community, beer festivals, markets, that sort of thing.

The hard fact is property prices are cheaper there than anywhere else on the coast. I can get a 2 bed flat on or very near the sefront for the price of a 1 bed in Seaford or Worthing not on the front.

Yes, the pier burned down but as I understand it the locals clubbed together and raised enough money to rebuild it - more than the people of Brighton and Hove did http://www.hpcharity.co.uk/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here