Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slovenia and Ireland away game blogs finally finished!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I know I say this every time but the Slovenia blog was immense and also very interesting so many thanks for sharing this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ditto. Interesting to read about Chapman and his 100. What will his 100th country be? We need to know.

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
And I thought my train journey from Munich was long! Ironically the train journey out on Saturday was a proper party train, loads of England drinking the train dry. More like a morgue on the Monday morning return, a few having stayed out drinking next to the river far too late on the Sunday, this observer included!

Interesting blogs pal, good read. What a city Ljubljana is, desperate to get them again when the World Cup draw takes place in July. Been on many away days but this was right up there with the best locations and trips in general I've been on. Your Mrs wasn't wearing a Brighton apron/pinney on match day was she? Saw a couple walking up by the river and the woman was wearing one! Woulda introduced myself but was tucking into one of them family pizzas, less than €15 for that size, I barely managed half!

As for the guy who climbed the netting, he was in my hotel - got a €52 fine, which included a free lift back to the hotel to get his passport details!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Excellent read amply supported by millions of pics...many thanks Mark.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed Slovenia was a great trip. We went via Trieste which was quite nice sea side town. Perfect city for a June game. Compact, friendly, clean.

Great beer, great food and just good fun! Enjoyed the game a lot too...

I saw that woman in a brighton apron too and must admit copped a bit of stick

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Your Mrs wasn't wearing a Brighton apron/pinney on match day was she? Saw a couple walking up by the river and the woman was wearing one!

Ermm no, luckily nobody I know goes dressed up like a clown! I believe said couple are from Ashford, we bumped into them in one bar pre-game.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ermm no, luckily nobody I know goes dressed up like a clown! I believe said couple are from Ashford, we bumped into them in one bar pre-game.

You seem to have forgotten [MENTION=3]Trigger[/MENTION] 's Christmas hat!!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Ditto. Interesting to read about Chapman and his 100. What will his 100th country be? We need to know.

He said he is doing a trip from North to South America at some point and will take in 5 more countries. They drove in to Croatia via Bosnia so got one more country in! Our train was pretty close to the boarder but no opportunity to get out and run across and stand in the country to meet Mr Chapmans 10 second rule!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Great read, thanks for that. I went to Slovenia in 2009 and still rank it up there as one of my favourite countries to visit, both the capital and lake Bled were fantastic.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
A good read as ever,loved Belgrade went in 05 for Serbia and Montenegro v Lithuania.I spent 6 wonderful days there,prefer Lav myself.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He said he is doing a trip from North to South America at some point and will take in 5 more countries. They drove in to Croatia via Bosnia so got one more country in! Our train was pretty close to the boarder but no opportunity to get out and run across and stand in the country to meet Mr Chapmans 10 second rule!

:thumbsup: What a life he leads. I'd struggle to name a hundred countries let's alone visit them.

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
And I thought my train journey from Munich was long! Ironically the train journey out on Saturday was a proper party train, loads of England drinking the train dry. More like a morgue on the Monday morning return, a few having stayed out drinking next to the river far too late on the Sunday, this observer included!

Interesting blogs pal, good read. What a city Ljubljana is, desperate to get them again when the World Cup draw takes place in July. Been on many away days but this was right up there with the best locations and trips in general I've been on. Your Mrs wasn't wearing a Brighton apron/pinney on match day was she? Saw a couple walking up by the river and the woman was wearing one! Woulda introduced myself but was tucking into one of them family pizzas, less than €15 for that size, I barely managed half!

As for the guy who climbed the netting, he was in my hotel - got a €52 fine, which included a free lift back to the hotel to get his passport details!

It was a flag she was wearing wasn't it? I thought she had it wrapped round her - either way, looked bloody odd and she rightly copped some flak as she walked past. She must have been one of the only women not to be clapped through that afternoon!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It was a flag she was wearing wasn't it? I thought she had it wrapped round her - either way, looked bloody odd and she rightly copped some flak as she walked past. She must have been one of the only women not to be clapped through that afternoon!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

On the Saturday we were down the far end of the river by the Asian themed bar, out of the way a bit and she copped some stick. I had my head in hands

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

On the Saturday we were down the far end of the river by the Asian themed bar, out of the way a bit and she copped some stick. I had my head in hands

There seemed to be loads of Palace on this trip an all, so no wonder she copped some. Although you didn't have to support Palace to give her plenty, strolling along attired like that on a baking hot summers day... just looked weird.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here