Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TV reporters getting to distaster scenes

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Whilst watching the Sky reports from Tunisia, I was just wondering how their TV crews get to these places so quickly. Ok, Tunisia isn't the hardest place to get to, but in just a few hours they have a top reporter (who was presumably in London), plus cameras, sound etc. - ok, the tech stuff could be local.

Does uncle Rupert have private planes for them, or they just hop on a scheduled or charter flight ?

Silly question, it's just bugging me.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Depending on the location, there is probably an established network of local and international personnel and technicians they can call upon.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
They have secret teleportation technology which is kept hidden from the public.

That's just between you and me though.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
They have secret teleportation technology which is kept hidden from the public.

Sshh! It's behind those doors in Southwick Hill Tunnel:eek:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Depending on the location, there is probably an established network of local and international personnel and technicians they can call upon.

Yup, the tech stuff can be local, and they obviously do have people stationed in some countries, but they clearly get people from London to these places pretty quickly. The guy fronting ip the Sky Tunisia reports is one of their main London studio presenters.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Whilst watching the Sky reports from Tunisia, I was just wondering how their TV crews get to these places so quickly. Ok, Tunisia isn't the hardest place to get to, but in just a few hours they have a top reporter (who was presumably in London), plus cameras, sound etc. - ok, the tech stuff could be local.

Does uncle Rupert have private planes for them, or they just hop on a scheduled or charter flight ?

There were a load of empty planes from the UK during the evening/night I guess it would have been easy enough for the reporter and crew to hop on one of them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Back in the long forgotten days of the 1980's the business travel agency for which l worked, handled the ITN travel account. Although the agency was based in Ealing, we had two permanent menbers of staff actually working from inside the ITN headquarters, which was then in Wells Street in London's west end. They were on call 24/7 so there was always someone available to put together last minute scheduled airline itineraries and issue air tickets.

It was very sressful at times, but the agency made a lot of money out of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here