Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons Littlehampton is a great place to live

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe I'm doing this :facepalm:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...r-a-family-day-out/page2&highlight=Mewsbrooks

Harbour Park with a variety of rides and amusements, 9 hole pitch and putt along the seafront, Mewsbrook Park which is pleasant and lots going on along the seafront and into the towns Harbour.

Freds fish and chips is well recommended whilst you sit on the harbour wall but there is also a good selection of small restaurants along Beach Road.

Avoid the town at all costs, full of Russians and Polish and on a downward spiral, however Rustington Village is far more pleasant and only a mile or so up the road.

This, Munckin knows his stuff.

Park up somewhere near the swimming pool.
Promenade to the river, see what takes your fancy.
The beach is pretty clean
STOP AT THE RIVER.
Get the train back which drops you off into Mewsbrooks, (behind pool) which is a great traditional park.
Then Rustington should you want/need shops.

Which is why EVERYONE is saying 'don't bother going into town', but the beach and amenities are plenty good enough.
Esp for young'uns.

Good show.

I thought you might enjoy it.
It's never going to 'set the world alight' but there's plenty there, and as you said the space to do it in.

It's certainly wasn't the jnr stat's.
There'd be a completely different thread titled something along the lines of:-
'Got run over by 2 little kids, in strips, on bikes, screaming I'm Wiggo, ok I'm Cav' :lol:

Pleased you enjoyed it, you are right about the town, just go to Rustington should you want anything like that.

This morning I was having a stereotypical joke!

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
I'm from Littlehampton as are at least 70 Brighton fans I could name. If anyone would like to call me a scumbag you can do it to my face at the first game of the season

I am from Littlehampton and I am sure a few of those 70 Brighton Fans would have a straightener with you if you were brave enough to call anyone of them a scumbag. I have many a fond memory of littlehampton, Grandparents, Dad, connaught road Juniors, great lifelong mates, True Blue, the list is endless. Sure some Littlehampton gentleman will introduce himself to you :) at the Forest game. Good Luck.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I live there.

Still working out if that goes in the 'pros' or 'cons' column for the town.

It's all relative to your experience of the place. I have rarely been to Littlehampton so have no beef.

I love Birmingham, simply because I have many friends there.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Blimey aren't we precious today.

Nothing finer than this morning walking along the promenade along side the veterans, while the cadets played Sussex By The Sussex.

Still if you want to resort to threats and violence at the first opportunity there's not much else I can say.

I can't see where he has threatened violence, he's just calling your bluff.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I don't live there but have to say that the walk along the river to the sea on a day like today is very pleasant. Excellent fish and chips at Oscars.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
53 Littlehampton chaps squeezed onto 3 mini busses for the Hereford game in 97 ( I drove one of them). They are there home and away and have been for decades.......got to be a good enough reason to like Littlehampton

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
53 Littlehampton chaps squeezed onto 3 mini busses for the Hereford game in 97 ( I drove one of them). They are there home and away and have been for decades.......got to be a good enough reason to like Littlehampton
What is making me laugh (and clearly nobody else today) is the fact I bet we went to school together.

I reckon you were in Rackham.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
being a fem i escaped the tie / blazer ensemble... lilac shirt..nice!
on this theme.. was really peed off that the academy got rid of the house history of the school..
They kept mine at least for a bit, but as we were the best that's only natural.
Have they done away with all of them now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here