West west west Sussex
ha ha ha...

...only joking, scumbags.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Smarts is second on that list. :facepalm:

The case for the prosecution rests, m'lud.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
ha ha ha...

...only joking, scumbags.

Whilst I don't care much for Littlehampton either, what kind of dimwit would use the term "scumbags" to describe the residents, knowing there would be a good number of Brighton supporters living there?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whilst I don't care much for Littlehampton either, what kind of dimwit would use the term "scumbags" to describe the residents, knowing there would be a good number of Brighton supporters living there?
Perhaps someone who's having a Saturday morning chuckle would.

We kid because we love. (well, tolerate)

See I did it again.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Perhaps someone who's having a Saturday morning chuckle would.

We kid because we love. (well, tolerate)

See I did it again.

No, you thought you did....... :nono:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, you thought you did....... :nono:

Have you been equally offended by all the other similar threads, 'god's waiting room', 'stinks of old people', 'suburban bogans. Avoid at all costs' (in fairness that might be a compliment :shrug:)

I wonder if anyone from Littlehampton is equally offended by the comedic generalisation 'scumbag'?

I'll ask around when there in a minute, although I doubt they will understand...

... oh god I've done it again.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
I'm from Littlehampton as are at least 70 Brighton fans I could name. If anyone would like to call me a scumbag you can do it to my face at the first game of the season

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm from Littlehampton as are at least 70 Brighton fans I could name. If anyone would like to call me a scumbag you can do it to my face at the first game of the season
Blimey aren't we precious today.

Nothing finer than this morning walking along the promenade along side the veterans, while the cadets played Sussex By The Sussex.

Still if you want to resort to threats and violence at the first opportunity there's not much else I can say.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I live there.

Still working out if that goes in the 'pros' or 'cons' column for the town.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Have you been equally offended by all the other similar threads, 'god's waiting room', 'stinks of old people', 'suburban bogans. Avoid at all costs' (in fairness that might be a compliment :shrug:)

I wonder if anyone from Littlehampton is equally offended by the comedic generalisation 'scumbag'?

I'll ask around when there in a minute, although I doubt they will understand...

... oh god I've done it again.

And yet you get all hissy when people point out that cyclists are arrogant, law breaking tosspots - oh the hypocrisy !

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Er, I really fail to see the actual point of this thread.

Too much time on your hands?

No wonder many 'old timers' have vanished from this board if this is sort of quality/drivel on offer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And yet you get all hissy when people point out that cyclists are arrogant, law breaking tosspots - oh the hypocrisy !
No I don't.

More often than not I come down on the side of Team Car, by virtue of the fact arrogant law breaking tosspot cyclists make me more of a target from arrogant law breaking tosspot drivers.

Thank you [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] for taking the thread how it was intended, just like all the other ones.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I've literally just come back from the Armed Forces Day on The Green. Whilst there I was, coincidentally, having this very conversation with someone who lives in London and is contemplating a relocation to our neck of the woods.

I've lived in Littlehampton for all of my 40+ years and haven't even considered moving away. Two of the best beaches in the country, boating down The Arun, the recently redeveloped riverside and seafront walks/runs, Mewsbrook and loads of other parks for the kids to enjoy, plenty going on (Bonfire Night, Carnival, Armed Forces Day) yet relatively sedate, 10min from Arundel and the Downs, within easy reach of Brighton and with far more realistic house prices than those further east.

It's always had a large contingent of Albion fans, too, even when Pompey bought their way to the Premiership we were still the best represented team in town.

In my opinion, the only thing that lets Littlehampton down is the fact that certain parts of it have been used as a dumping ground for 'less desirables', creating what can only be described as ghettos, and that all the investment has (perhaps understandably) been directed to the touristy parts of town at the expense of the town centre, which is, admittedly, pretty grotty (although Rustington is far better and only 5mins away).

Snipe all you like, most people who haven't actually lived here seem to, but I think it's a great place to live and raise a family.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here