Player kit sponsorship price rise

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
2014/15 £950 to sponsor home and away kit
2015/16 £1,150 to do the same. :annoyed:

I live a distance from the Amex so don't have a season ticket, have sponsored kit for the last few seasons, but can't see any justification of a £200 rise, especially as last year I was sponsoring Paddy McCourt, whose whole wardrobe probably cost less than £950, and he was rarely seen wearing the stripes anyway.

I appreciate the club have to raise revenues wherever possible, but can't see how this can be justified, unless they have a long waiting list of willing sponsors.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Fairly predictable ... assume they positioned the increase as a price reduction because they were adding meaningless features to it :)

What do you get for it?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Fairly predictable ... assume they positioned the increase as a price reduction because they were adding meaningless features to it :)

What do you get for it?

Name and message of support in every programme beside your player's photo
4 tix (full kit) or 2 tix (home or away kit) for a dinner with your player. Last year there was a dedicated kit sponsor's dinner; next season that has been removed and instead you get seats at the players' awards dinner
A shirt, signed by your player - which it's easy enough to walk around the dinner and get others to sign too.

Best bit for me? At the dinner last year, I spent 15 mins with Nathan who was refreshingly honest and informative, and 10 mins with COG, who was similarly open and a really top bloke.

Worth it? Depends on your perspective, I guess. Can the club justify the price increase this year? - nah, not really, tbh.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Worth it? Depends on your perspective, I guess. Can the club justify the price increase this year? - nah, not really, tbh.

There's never going to be a financial justification for it ... just if it makes you feel 'warm and tingly' inside

Increasing the price (without adding benefits) after the result of last season and the reduction in ST's is a very odd move. They either have a real handle on demand and know it will fly off the shelves or the marketing guy has no idea where the sustainable price point is and is just punting a bigger number

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

I live a distance from the Amex so don't have a season ticket, have sponsored kit for the last few seasons, but can't see any justification of a £200 rise, especially as last year I was sponsoring Paddy McCourt, whose whole wardrobe probably cost less than £950, and he was rarely seen wearing the stripes anyway.

I appreciate the club have to raise revenues wherever possible, but can't see how this can be justified, unless they have a long waiting list of willing sponsors.

Blimey. Bozza had better post the annual NSC shirt sponsor donation thread now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Next season you could be sponsoring Lord Bobby of Zamora.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I used to sponsor a kit with two friends. The price increases coupled with the Albion contacting me 2 years in succession claiming I hadn't paid, and annoying and with difficulty being asked to find proof of the account in paid the money to almost a year later, left a bad taste so we stopped.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I got the email a week or so ago and hadn't noticed the price increase.

They've made what is quite a significant change though. Previously there was a special shirt sponsors' event. Now that isn't happening and sponsors get to go to the awards dinner. This is usually £100 a seat, if I remember correctly. I'm not sure whether this is an enhancement or not though. I've never been to the previous sponsors' dinner, but it strikes me that it would be smaller and more intimate than the awards dinner, so attendees would probably get more time to mix with playing and coaching staff.

With the kit sponsorship programme now in its 15th year in its current format, we have decided to enhance the package for the coming season to enable our loyal sponsors to attend the prestigious End of Season Awards Dinner as part of the package.

The benefits of being one of our kit sponsors’ include:
• Company or personal dedication next to your sponsored player on the website and in every matchday programme of the 2015/16 season
• Invitation to the End of Season Awards Dinner at the Amex where you will sit with your sponsored player.
• Pre-event drinks reception with your chosen player.
• A signed shirt and a photo of you with your nominated player

With full sponsorship you will be entitled to four places at the prestigious End of Season Awards Dinner or two places for sponsoring a home or away kit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I got the email a week or so ago and hadn't noticed the price increase.

They've made what is quite a significant change though. Previously there was a special shirt sponsors' event. Now that isn't happening and sponsors get to go to the awards dinner. This is usually £100 a seat, if I remember correctly. I'm not sure whether this is an enhancement or not though. I've never been to the previous sponsors' dinner, but it strikes me that it would be smaller and more intimate than the awards dinner, so attendees would probably get more time to mix with playing and coaching staff.

With the kit sponsorship programme now in its 15th year in its current format, we have decided to enhance the package for the coming season to enable our loyal sponsors to attend the prestigious End of Season Awards Dinner as part of the package.

The benefits of being one of our kit sponsors’ include:
• Company or personal dedication next to your sponsored player on the website and in every matchday programme of the 2015/16 season
• Invitation to the End of Season Awards Dinner at the Amex where you will sit with your sponsored player.
• Pre-event drinks reception with your chosen player.
• A signed shirt and a photo of you with your nominated player

With full sponsorship you will be entitled to four places at the prestigious End of Season Awards Dinner or two places for sponsoring a home or away kit.

I've not been to the Awards but my initial feeling is this is a down-grade. The kit sponsor dinner was informal, small, intimate, you sat with 2 players on a table of 10, and could mingle and freely talk to any player after the food for a fair amount of time. From what I gather the awards isn't like this.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

The optimist in me hopes this price hike is because the club knows we have some exciting players coming in, the pessimist suspects the increase is just another way of making extra £'s.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I foresee this going up to a £2,500 sponsorship in the Premier League #Barbernomics

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've been to a couple of the shirt sponsor dinners and they've been fantastic. Mrs EP got to have her photo taken with Calde and PIG, which made her season. The players were gracious, patient, some very funny (Orlandi, Gus and Kemy especially).

I don't see what the enhancement is personally, the end of season awards have been excruciating , so it seems an opportunity to convert two evenings the players would rather not attend ( and I don't blame them) into one.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm toying with this now, it's a price hike, and having been to both the kit sponsors dinner and the awards dinner, the former is/was perfect, casual and fun. The awards dinner is a shirt and tie job, loads of other sponsors and dignitaries, less integration with the players and lots of guff about the youth/U21/women/AITC etc, I enjoy it, but the kit sponsors do is/was better for the fans to mix with the players.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There's never going to be a financial justification for it ... just if it makes you feel 'warm and tingly' inside

Increasing the price (without adding benefits) after the result of last season and the reduction in ST's is a very odd move. They either have a real handle on demand and know it will fly off the shelves or the marketing guy has no idea where the sustainable price point is and is just punting a bigger number

i suspect it's the latter of your two options. It's a fail for me; I won't renew - I see the removal of the dedicated dinner and replacement at the awards dinner as a downgrade not an upgrade, and I'm being asked to pay more for it to boot. Not for me this season, ta.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I used to sponsor a kit with two friends. The price increases coupled with the Albion contacting me 2 years in succession claiming I hadn't paid, and annoying and with difficulty being asked to find proof of the account in paid the money to almost a year later, left a bad taste so we stopped.

That happened to me three years ago.

I agree with the above posts, that the sponsors dinner was fun. It's like everything else in the club now, becoming out of the reach of fans and changing to corporate only.
To be fair, we stopped sponsoring last year because I'd retired, but if I hadn't, we wouldn't do it with the present benefits.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That happened to me three years ago.

Did they put the burden on you to prove you'd paid? I found a bank statement with a reference of "Craig Noone Kit" on it but the club would not accept this and check their accounts...instead they asked me to prove which account it went into. Was a right ball-ache.

PS And yes I know I should have kept the details but this was a year or so after the event.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've been to a couple of the shirt sponsor dinners and they've been fantastic. Mrs EP got to have her photo taken with Calde and PIG, which made her season. The players were gracious, patient, some very funny (Orlandi, Gus and Kemy especially).

I don't see what the enhancement is personally, the end of season awards have been excruciating , so it seems an opportunity to convert two evenings the players would rather not attend ( and I don't blame them) into one.

This.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did they put the burden on you to prove you'd paid? I found a bank statement with a reference of "Craig Noone Kit" on it but the club would not accept this and check their accounts...instead they asked me to prove which account it went into. Was a right ball-ache.

PS And yes I know I should have kept the details but this was a year or so after the event.

I keep our bank statements for 6 years, so I had proof of the exact amount paid to BHA at the beginning of August. It was April the following year when they queried the payment. They did accept it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Went once and could not go this year due to work commitments however Frutos got my place and glad the lad enjoyed it.

The Awards Dinner sounds like corporate nonsense to me so jury out on sponsoring I will see what the appetite is from others first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here