Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

reasons Eastbourne is a great place to live

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i had a great kebab there in 1989,one of the best ive ever had.

I parked the whole thing along with 15 pints of cider in my brothers sock draw about an hour later but in fairness it tasted the same coming out as it did going in........a true sign of a good kebab.

its little details like this that make a town great.......even Eastbourne

scooter1

How soon is now?
I always used to frown upon Eastbourne because, well it was Eastbourne..... However, my cousin moved there a few years ago, and it's alright. They have a lovely place, 200 yards from the beach, it has a nice seafront, a half decent beach with things to do for the kids, and it doesn't cost £15 quid to park for the day if you want to visit the centre. It feels like less of a ball ache to go there for the day than it does to get into the centre of Brighton, and I only live in Hove

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
A good place for grab a granny night. Being serious great air show and been in a panto performed at the main theatre by Mrs Beals drama school from Seaford in the late 50s early 60s .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
in sussex, seaside, things going on at west lawn. train to Brighton and London.

its not a bad place, the rep for old people over done (thats bexhill)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
so many people here now the infrastructure is creaking and sometimes breaking down, having said that it is the sunniest place in Britain.

and a somewhat nicer place to live with more friendly people than in Wales

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Eastbourne is pretty grim but is surrounded by some of the best countryside and scenery of anywhere in the country. All along the south downs way from beach head along the seven sisters to exceat and the cuckmere river and then the other way down to the long man of wilmington via Jevington and Friston Forest. Its the one very large redeeming feature!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's an okay place to visit, the air show is good and lovely for a constitutional stroll along the seafront. But live there? Are you on glue? Half of it is a run down dump and the other half is depressing seafront hotels and old folks homes. Plus they have those horrible pastel coloured flowers everywhere. Ghastly.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's an okay place to visit, the air show is good and lovely for a constitutional stroll along the seafront. But live there? Are you on glue? Half of it is a run down dump and the other half is depressing seafront hotels and old folks homes. Plus they have those horrible pastel coloured flowers everywhere. Ghastly.

but it has always been like that
and coach loads of people coming down to enjoy the sun .................admittedly most with zimmers
and a coucil that gets things done

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
but it has always been like that
and coach loads of people coming down to enjoy the sun .................admittedly most with zimmers
and a coucil that gets things done

I never said any different.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Not so old these days, a university town, plenty of decent food ...much easier parking than Brighton , not so frantic... Great countryside including Beachy Head . House prices cheaper than Brighton.... And, the included travel zone for The Albion extends to Eastbourne next season !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here