Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons Worthing is a great place to live

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
1/ close enough to all the action in the worlds greatest city but added option of getting out of dodge when needed.

2/Tesco Durrington - A freak show to rival any Walmart

3/ People do this stuff sober

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've always thought that the best reason to live in Worthing is that when walking down a street you're bound to be much faster than anyone else, thus being able to kid yourself that you're fitter than you really are.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
It's by the sea and next to the Downs. Can I also mention Italian ice cream parlours and it used to have a Dayville's in the 70s (bit of a theme emerging now)?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No need to move towns when you retire, plenty of retirement homes when you move from your bungalow :smile:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've always thought that the best reason to live in Worthing is that when walking down a street you're bound to be much faster than anyone else, thus being able to kid yourself that you're fitter than you really are.

:lolol:
Same applies to Eastbourne.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If you want just one reason why Worthing is a great place to live then I'd say the beach. Take a walk from Brooklands all the way to Goring Gap and tell me I'm wrong. I'm not.

...and Worthing's got the most passionate Albion fans.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
If you want just one reason why Worthing is a great place to live then I'd say the beach. Take a walk from Brooklands all the way to Goring Gap and tell me I'm wrong. I'm not.

...and Worthing's got the most passionate Albion fans.

Didn't realise Brighton had any fans from Worthing, don't they support the're own local team?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A very wide and competitive funeral services market, thus helping to keep prices low for your final send off.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Going out and meeting people who haven't spent 3 hours in getting ready with the sole intention of looking 'different'

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The above plus
Affordable houses.
Cleaner streets
Cheaper parking
No bike lanes
No Ridiculous speed limits
Sensible council

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The Southern Pavilion has established itself as the top live music venue in Sussex. International Blues acts to knock your socks off.

And they sell really nice wine as well.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I spent 3 years there from 2004/2007, was in my early 20's paying £10 a week in rent for a 3 story flat above H Samuels with my GF who was the manager there at the time. Close to all the pubs, the beach and made some good friends, so for me I quite like Worthing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here