Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best 0-0 you've ever seen?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
For me, they don't come a lot better than tonight's 0-0 draw between Argentina and Colombia. Desperate defending by Colombia, with wonderful goalkeeping from Ospina.

Only spoiled by the Argies winning the shootout, although they did blow their first two chances to seal it.

I also remember really enjoying a 0-0 between the Albion and Norwich at the Goldstone in the 80s but I can't remember why.

So what's been your best 0-0 draw?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Coventry 0-0 Brighton.....we murdered them, just couldn't score. My first and last trip to (a perfectly serviceable) Highfield Road before it was demolished.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Albion Vs Spurs approx 1977. End to end all action but nobody delivering the killer blow although both teams tried their darned best. Great
game described by Brian Moore on The Big Match as one of the best no score draws he had ever witnessed.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Brazil 0-0 Mexico at the most recent World Cup was pretty decent, with Ochoa making some ridiculous saves for Mexico.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Brighton 0 Huddersfield 0 ... A proper game played out by two class sides on a Tuesday evening, it'll live long in the memory...

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Albion Vs Spurs approx 1977. End to end all action but nobody delivering the killer blow although both teams tried their darned best. Great
game described by Brian Moore on The Big Match as one of the best no score draws he had ever witnessed.

For me, too. For a 0-0 draw to live on in the memory after nearly 40 years shows what a great game it was. 48,000 in White Hart Lane helped, though.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Brighton 0 Huddersfield 0 ... A proper game played out by two class sides on a Tuesday evening, it'll live long in the memory...

Was that the one where the Huddersfield player deliberately missed a tap in from 2 yards to ensure it stayed 0-0. The actions of a genuine Corinthian.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Leicester v Brighton under Adams II on a Tuesday night. Us in their yellow away kit. Stunning performance from John Sullivan.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

That's the one for me too. Eric Steele was superb that day.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Home to Hull 2011? Not for the match but my first ever trip to the AMEX almost brought me to tears as I walked into the stand thinking this place is OURS! Good job I didn't go to the Doncaster game,don,t think I could have kept it together.(Mind you don,t think I would have been the only one)

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Aldershot v Berkhampstead 1998 Ryman Div 1 4000 plus in attendance.Aldershot won the League that day ,Berkhampsteads Keeper had the kitchen Sink ,Fridge and Sofa thrown at him that day and he wasn't budging.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Another vote here for the 0-0 draw at White Hart Lane in 1977

Spurs were the classic Big Side feeling sorry for themselves having to slum it in the second division with the likes of us.
I travelled up from Bournemouth in the back of a mini van and it was my first away game at one of these big famous sides.
I have no idea whether we had to have tickets or paid on the gate. Such things were not a foregone conclusion in those days.
48,000 packed in to White Hart Lane, the majority like us standing. Ex-Spurs legend Mullers managing the Albion
I expect if Opta had been around in those days the possession figures would have shown Spurs had the best of it, but we earned a deserved draw imo

In 2004 we had a 0-0 at Ashton Gate which was the same sort of game. 100% effort from the Albion in all departments and returning home with a point.
Bristol in 2004 doesn't have the same romance in my memory as North London in in late 70's

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Away at Pompey. Can't remember how many years ago, but another where we absolutely MULLERED them. I think it was Alan Knight in goal for them that night and played a blinder.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Away at Pompey. Can't remember how many years ago, but another where we absolutely MULLERED them. I think it was Alan Knight in goal for them that night and played a blinder.
Yup that one for me too.......In the argus as 0 - 0 massacre

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006

This one would get my vote too!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here