Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boring I admit but is anyone else suffering the worst hay fever for years?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Yeah. I can barely see to type. not suffered at all for 25 years.shit.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Change the tablets you take, but yes does seem pretty bad at the moment.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Someone said, 2 years ago that a spoon of local honey in a cup of tea every day mitigates the effects of hay fever (something to do with bees. I thought it was a load of old cobblers but Mrs H persuaded me it was worth a try. So, every day for the last 2 years I've had it..
This year I've barely suffered at all (a couple of weeks ago I spent all afternoon in Jevington churchyard with barely a sniffle).

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***BAD NEWS ALERT***

My hayfever has got considerably better since accidentally giving up beer, a couple of years ago.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Someone said, 2 years ago that a spoon of local honey in a cup of tea every day mitigates the effects of hay fever (something to do with bees. I thought it was a load of old cobblers but Mrs H persuaded me it was worth a try. So, every day for the last 2 years I've had it..
This year I've barely suffered at all (a couple of weeks ago I spent all afternoon in Jevington churchyard with barely a sniffle).
I was told about the honey trick around 5 years ago. Not had hay fever as bad since

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Any of you lot seen the film The Happening with Mark Wahlberg from a while ago?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Yep and as a late onset sufferer I dont have much of a back catalogue to compare it with but its bloody awful atm. Indicative of a hotter summer to come per chance?

i'm on two tablets a day just to be able to sleep and function at work and I never normally get more than a partially blocked nose. All very odd.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Change the tablets you take, but yes does seem pretty bad at the moment.

Or stop taking tablets and use a nasal spray. Started on avamys last year on prescription and never looked back. Not dozyness when drinking, no side effects and more effective than any tablets I've tried.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Or stop taking tablets and use a nasal spray. Started on avamys last year on prescription and never looked back. Not dozyness when drinking, no side effects and more effective than any tablets I've tried.

My doctor change me to Avamys a couple of years ago too. I use it all year round to build up the immunity.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It's the austerity campaign. Nose blockers.

Really, they (Government) are just picking on the plebs.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
http://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/product.asp?id=57581

I take 4 x of these a day, it keeps my coming arthritis at bay, as it is a sort of natural inflammatory.
When I last went to England I had took a couple of bottles with me.
My sister in law, who suffers badly from hay fever, started taking them and after 3 or so days her hay fever symptoms cleared up.
They act like a build up thing so you take them regularly to keep it topped up.
She now buys them on line, as I don't think that they are available there, but there may be an equivalent made by another company.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here