Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2015 - how's it gone for you so far?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As we enter the last weekend of June we also approach the half-way mark of 2015.

How's it gone for you so far?

I had some loose plans to change direction with some elements of my life this year, but I've procrastinated on those. I find myself with some increased motivation currently so I will get properly stuck in over the second half of the year.

Health and fitness has been a real positive - 2 1/2 stone lost, a bit more to get to where I want to be. Running (I'll have covered c400 miles over April, May and June) and drinking less midweek being the main changes to achieve that.

The Albion was all a bit 'meh', obviously, but I would probably have settled for Championship safety on New Years Day and, after looking forward to the football-less Summer, I'm now starting to get excited about the upcoming season.

Overall: 6/10

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Still trying to catch up on debts built up during my period out of work last year. Some creditors have been brilliant ( unbelievably my mortgage lender being the best ) and are now sorted. Some have been utter b@stards - NPower being the key player. So financially 50/50 between a good six months and a bad six months.

Health - drinking less so that's a good thing.

Career - on the mend.

So it's a 5/10 for me.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It seems to have gone VERY quickly.

Business is up and down like a yoyo.
Finally sold my house after 5 years of trying, so that was a plus.
Search for a permanent job in the UK is not going well. Getting past the recruitment agency seems to be the hardest part so far!
Mrs KZN has a new job that she hates, so that is a huge minus.
Decided to take our eldest out of mainstream education and homeschool him (he is 16 and autistic). That is going very well so far.
Our youngest appears to be a natural at Karate, so that is a plus!

Overall, I would give it a 5/10 so far but massive scope for improvement.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My family is well. My job is secure. The rest is just icing.

But, in the spirit of the thread...

I have not lost 2.5 stone (fair play for that. Very impressive).

The Albion's season was dreadful, but there are positive signs now. Sussex started great and have turned to crap.

I've watched my youngest son win a fabulous cup final - a massive high point.

My 16 year old is playing alongside me in senior 5-a-side which is brilliant - and we are closing on a title. I played Saturday XI a side for the first time in years, at the age of 44, and helped my (much younger, much fitter) mates win a league title. Cricket season is under way and I'm bowling okay and taking wickets. All good.

Work is a bit tedious at times, but busy. Busy.

Not bad. 8/10

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It's been a real mixed bag for me.

January - Breaking up with the ex after 4 & a half years. Hit pretty hard.
February - Moped about alot!
March - Decided I needed a big break so went to the US and Canada for 2 weeks.
Loved Canada so much that in April, I applied for a 2 year working visa in Canada.
April - Quit smoking and started a new fitness regime.
May - Lungs cleared up, fitness greatly improving and finally getting over the relationship (wuss, I know).
June - Got accepted into Canada for 2 years, booked a 2 and a half week holiday/tour of California/Nevada/Arizona.
Fitness is great, non-smoking is great and feeling bloody good right about now!
:rave:

Oh, and the football has been a shower of crap, but I'm enjoying the close-season and recent transfer news.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Has gone very quickly indeed.

Started the 5k year 1 second behind [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] and after 6 months now 42 seconds behind him despite a 36 second personal improvement.
Worst thing for me was the deaths and destruction from the Nepalese earthquake.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Quite similar to @StonehamPark actually

January: Went on a fantastic trip to Canada, did skiing (for the first time), Ice skating on the Ottawa Canal, dog sledding, frozen Niagara Falls and watched an NHL game.
February: Life felt a bit rubbish and not really going anywhere so I applied to do a Masters course at the University of Toronto.
May: Got accepted on the Masters course.
Moving to Canada in August :thumbsup:

The Albion's season has of course been terrible but I still enjoyed everything else about going to the matches, especially an away trip to Blackburn.

I'm still fit and healthy.

The cricket season has been decent so far although I haven't been too great myself.

Work has been incredibly boring and having dogs in the office has made it a very tedious and irritating experience. It's better now that I can see the finishing line and the guy with the annoying dog is away until I finish :D

The less said about my love life the better.

I still have an absolutely TOP NOTCH family.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Work has been incredibly boring and having dogs in the office has made it a very tedious and irritating experience. It's better now that I can see the finishing line and the guy with the annoying dog is away until I finish :D

Just eat the dog .... problem solved !

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Elder son graduates today.
Younger one has got his dream internship in London.
Daughter is getting her career priorities sorted out.
96 year old mum has dementia.
Wife has had all clear for another year, following breast cancer.
I've got more aches and pains, but I continue to enjoy retirement.
Football -wise, it can't be as bad as last season.
Rugby World Cup to look forward to.
Put on some of the weight I lost. Grrr. got to get a grip again.
Overall, not bad, so 7 out of 10.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Like all, a mixed bag:

1. After the Fulham and Brentford away games I cant say I enjoyed watching the Albion last season.....enjoyed everything else associated with football but not the actual football!!
2. Have lost 12 kilos since 1st January, mainly thanks to attending Weightwatchers, and feel much better for it!! I have difficulty maintaining my dietary discipline on Saturday afternoons though!!
3. Have failed to stop smoking but have reduced consumption down from 20 to 10 per day and, linked with this, was informed that I had the beginnings of COPD - the incentive is therefore massive to give up ...... its just how to do it!!!
4. Sussex have failed to deliver thus far after the false dawn of two early Championship victories. Their batting is a total car crash at the moment and is extremely difficult to watch - but watch it I do, living in hope!!
5. On the home front we moved into a beautiful house in May last year and have now pretty much finished all the alterations, decorations, furniture purchasing we needed to do so I'm now enjoying a degree of domestic calm and tranquility
6. Playing tennis 3 times a week all year round and weather permitting and gyming twice a week so am reasonably fit
7. Missing not having a motorbike.

Overall then 7/10 - can't complain

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Ridiculously quickly.

Oh so very true! Certainly the older you get the faster the years pass, or so it seems. So last year when a friend was staying with us, a Professor of Neurosurgery in Warsaw, I asked him this question. 45 mins later I wish I hadn't! He lost me after a couple of minutes with his scientific reasons of why this seems true. If you want to know for yourself just Google it!

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
As I hit the big 40 this year, I've decided a lifestyle change is in order, I'm back playing rugby again (I retired 6 years ago) I've created a new rugby team that seems to be going well. completed all of pre season so far and in turning losing weight !
I've taken up Clay Pigeon shooting, business is going well, and my family are all well.
So all in all its 2015 is going well, just hope the soccerflids can improve in the 2nd half of the year !!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My best year for 8 years

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
Quick
Heads been a bit iffy
The whole having to work for the rest of my life is hard to get used to, leaving the house at 6am and getting home at 6pm doesn't seem like much of a life :/ could be worse I guess.
Life seems so short too! Anyone figured out the meaning of it yet? Suppose NSC is the wrong place to be looking. :)
Bought my first car
Granny sadly past away
Best friend moved over to live with me in London
Keeping fit and healthy
Just need to stop binging on junk food when I get the munchies.
Fallen a bit out of love with football
Just think Gaelic is a lot more exciting, fingers crossed Mayo win Sam this year!
Going Ibiza in August so looking forward to that!

4/10

Prediction for the Albion next season 5th place, and winning the promotion final!

Brighton 2-1 Derby and Beram to score first!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ticking along in my own stress free kind of way, wife and children all well so that's the main thing.

I've bought a convertible so I'm obviously getting old, but age is just a number right?

Tired but happy 10/10

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
About to turn fifty, had some chest pains in February and needed Stents for a heart blockage. Obviously a life changer. I am now delaying stuff less and seizing the moment more. Stopped smoking, virtually stopped drinking (I was a heavy drinker but now maybe one or two at the weekend). Cut out the chocolate and pastries and have lost a stone and a half. Started exercising and can now jog slowly for almost half an hour. Feeling better and healthier and happier so strangely my heart disease has been a positive thing that will hopefully enable me to live longer and see my son grow up and I will get to meet my grandchildren.
The Albion has been disappointing obviously but rough with the smooth and all that.
Every day feels like a bonus day to me so 2015 has been strangely positive.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Literally just been to the bank manager to arrange a mortgage on an apartment over here. They said yes.....very happy!
Wife is doing well work wise so I'm really pleased for her. Plenty of gigs and travel. Only downer is a tendon injury preventing me running.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A mixed bag but after a nearly year my house move is finally about to happen. This will mean no (or very small) mortgage and I'll finally be able to start going to watch the Albion again. I'm excited.

Fitness: Poor. Plan on taking up my running again in September
Career: on the mend, deferred real change until next year
Wife & Kids: all doing pretty well
One or two other minor relationship issues still to resolve

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here