Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've lost Leon Best

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hughton, referring to the continuing striker search,: "We have got to think about what we've lost. Leon Best went back (to Blackburn) and we've lost Craig Mackail-Smith (released). That is an area where I want to have good options."

In this particular case, isn't losing really winning?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Hughton, referring to the continuing striker search,: "We have got to think about what we've lost. Leon Best went back (to Blackburn) and we've lost Craig Mackail-Smith (released). That is an area where I want to have good options."

He was the absolute pits

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
How could we lose him? He doesn't move quickly enough to get lost. He's more than likely still wherever Hughton last saw him.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Big ask to find two strikers who will come up with as many goals as CMS and Best got for us last season!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this really saddens me

not

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I know I will be in the minority, even a lone voice, but I am more pleased that we have lost CMS. The loan for Best may not have worked, but I still think his all round game has far more potential than either COG or CMS. I am not saying that he showed that to warrant his staying with us, but I think supporters of Leicester, Huddersfield and Bolton would say something similar about Beckford, and for whatever reason he has found some good form with PNE (Yes, in League 1) but a player who now has confidence to match ability will cause plenty of problems in the Championship. Best will find his PNE, and if fit, and with confidence, maybe it could have been us..

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
The actual quote is: "Leon Best went back". CMS is the one he specifically says we " lost ". Should we read anything into this choice of words, or am I just being pedantic?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here