Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your pub game of choice

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Mine has to be Toads cos I love chuckin metal disks into holes, whilst pissed.

I'll second Toads. In fact am looking to buy a table for the house. Dead ends everywhere unless I fancy spending £300. If you know of any let me know

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I think the official name is toad in the hole, but toads doesn't involve sausages or batter which is weird

I find it baffling that more games in general don't involve sausages and batter, it would vastly improve a lot of them.

Presumably the coin is the toad going into its hole, which is a strange animal to choose. Surely rabbits, moles, gophers and badgers are all far more deserving? 'Tis a travesty.

Edit; Also, trapdoor spiders.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Only played Toads a few times, only ever seen it in the Volunteer in Lewes. Is it a Sussex game or a Lewes game? Quite enjoyed it. And tougher than it looks when drunk. The locals starting getting a bit nearly with us when we played as it does half make a racket when those toads hit the floor.....

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
My former local sadly demolished in 99 had a Petanque rink out the back that was fun ,but another one for Bar Billards.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Skittles.
My late father came from Somerset, when I was a child we used to stay down there with family, my father used to visit a pub with a skittle alley. I was allowed to play skittles while my father had a few pints with his mates.

He once told me they played a game called Spoof with his mates in pubs, I can't remember what the rules were but the loser had to eat a pickled egg :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here