Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

João Carlos Teixeira

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Dear Brendan,

Can we have Teixeira back for another season long loan? We'd love to see him in the blue and white stripes again. If not, please don't loan him out to one of our rivals.

Yours,

Zeb

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would love him back. Lingard while we're at it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
IMHO with a main striker up front Baldock will fit into the Texieria role adequately this season.
Baldock is a centre forward, and we really really need to stop this thing of trying to pretend he's something else.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That is not true he is a 2nd striker playing off a main man.

What's not true. Was Peter Ward a centre forward or a errr..... centre forward? Who played with another centre forward.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No he wasnt Mellor was the centre forward Ward was the support striker playing off of Spider.but the formation was different then.

When's a striker not a centre forward?

Answers on post coming soon

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
IMHO with a main striker up front Baldock will fit into the Texieria role adequately this season.

But I'd rather have Tex in the Tex role. Baldock actually played quite well on the left side of a three, but able to come inside to act as a second striker, with COG up front - in fact I thought some of our best games were when we had Calde, Tex and Baldock as the three in a 4-2-3-1 formation - it was when Baldock got injured that we went into our negative shell for the rest of the season (and even more so when we lost Tex too).

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Nor in a 4-4-1-1 with 1 up front which most teams tend to play now.

When was the the last time you watched a football match from this century? Most teams play a varient of 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here