Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean Stadium On SSN

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
They're reporting from a school sports day there as part of a thing about kids getting more exercise and spending less time indoors.

It just seems strange to look back at it now and think that we used to play Championship football there...such a leap to our current surroundings.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The school I went to used to have a sports day at Withdean Stadium, never thought back then that one day I would be watching the Albion playing West Ham there.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I will always look back at the Withdean with good memories. Considering our facilities and wealth, it was arguably our finest achievement. What a rollercoaster journey. We experienced pretty much everything possible at the Withdean. 2 successive titles, a last minute Play-off gasp, Survival on the last day, beating the worlds richest team, whipping Southampton to the title in 2011. Bobby Zamora, Scott McGliesh walking off in crutches, the yes yes vote. The list could go on.

A real magical experience getting to watch the Albion throughout the Withdean experience. Would love to go back for just one game. I definitely miss it.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I will always look back at the Withdean with good memories. Considering our facilities and wealth, it was arguably our finest achievement. What a rollercoaster journey. We experienced pretty much everything possible at the Withdean. 2 successive titles, a last minute Play-off gasp, Survival on the last day, beating the worlds richest team, whipping Southampton to the title in 2011. Bobby Zamora, Scott McGliesh walking off in crutches, the yes yes vote. The list could go on.

A real magical experience getting to watch the Albion throughout the Withdean experience. Would love to go back for just one game. I definitely miss it.
We had a team full of characters then as well, makes the lads we've got now seem a bit bland.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I miss it, there I said it

Amusingly my Dad too a lot of persuading to go there as couldn't believe we were playing where he used to do sports day (he was never good at sport so maybe the bad memories were more the case)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here