Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley back on loan?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Anyone think that this could happen? Seems a long shot to me; and didn't he leave the club under something of a cloud?

https://twitter.com/search?q=#BHAFC

I don't recall him leaving under a cloud, Bridcutt certainly did (at least IMO).

Whilst Buckley is great, do we want a loan of a player that will inevitably pull a hamstring in his 2nd or 3rd game?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I don't remember his exact quotes but he said something which some fans interpreted rather bitterly. Didn't have nearly the same level of conflict that arose from Bridcutt's departure though.

In terms of actually getting him back, we must remember when fit and on form he was excellent in this division. A healthy and firing William Buckley would be just what our squad needs.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I don't recall him leaving under a cloud, Bridcutt certainly did (at least IMO).

Whilst Buckley is great, do we want a loan of a player that will inevitably pull a hamstring in his 2nd or 3rd game?

I thought he said something like he couldn't be bothered to play for us, or to make an effort for us, once Sunderland's interest in him became apparent. Apologies if I've got that wrong.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In terms of actually getting him back, we must remember when fit and on form he was excellent in this division. A healthy and firing William Buckley would be just what our squad needs.

Sadly, as we also must remember, a "healthy and firing" Will Buckley rarely exists.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

He made it plain that he wanted to go apparently. Can't blame him for that, but I agree not sure he is worth the fee and wages, great player when fit, but how often is that?
I'd like to see us buy young hungry players who will improve and want to play for us rather than half fit loanees...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Depends who we have in mind to BUY.

He's FAR better than anyone we currently have in that position, so it has to be a yes, as things stand.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That account (less than 1k followers) also says this:

Brighton are expected to sign Middlesbrough player Lee Tomlin in the next couple of days #BHAFC #MFC #boro

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

then you send him back and get in someone else

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
That account (less than 1k followers) also says this:

Brighton are expected to sign Middlesbrough player Lee Tomlin in the next couple of days #BHAFC #MFC #boro

this would be great ............if true

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
this would be great ............if true

You can see the likeliness of it just by the Boro fans responses to the tweet. Altho one arrogantly says we couldn't afford fat Lee's 'left foot' - zzzzz FFP may be interesting Boro...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here