Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Injury Updates

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Sam Baldock is set for an early return to training with Albion in pre-season.

The former Bristol City striker has been sidelined since suffering cruciate knee ligament damage against Derby at the Amex in March.

Boss Chris Hughton told The Argus: "The good thing for us is that Sam has had a good summer as regards his recovery.

"He will be almost up to speed come the first day of pre-season. We will probably have to take him just that little bit slower for the first week but he is ready and fine, which is a real plus for us in that striking department."

Andrew Crofts (knee) and Solly March (fibula) are also on course for pre-season training, as revealed previously by The Argus.

Crofts, who sustained cruciate knee ligament damage for the second time in ten months at Watford last October, faces a final check-up following Albion's training camp in the French Alps early next month.

The players report back to the training complex at Lancing tomorrow for pre-season tests.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
crofts is a worry....two quick knee jobs , wish him all the best as i think he gives us a bit of a backbone and ince might not be such a ponce with him around..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Baldock could be quality, my worry is that we play one upfront. I have no idea why were so keen to sign him tbh.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
crofts is a worry....two quick knee jobs , wish him all the best as i think he gives us a bit of a backbone and ince might not be such a ponce with him around..
I do worry about Crofts - how much longer his knee will hold up for has got to be a cause for concern. Hope I'm wrong, but I can see his career ending sooner rather than later.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think Baldock could be quality, my worry is that we play one upfront. I have no idea why were so keen to sign him tbh.

We need at least 4 strikers in our squad so Baldock is an asset however we set up. I'm glad he is here because he adds something different and has pace.

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 2h2 hours ago Islington, London

Good chat with CH this morning. Interesting insight from him in tomorrow's paper re: future targets, playing with 1 or 2 up front etc #bhafc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here