Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS watch.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Any info on CMS out there? Last I heard from a Luton fan was they were interested but wages were a problem and CMS would prefer another Championship club, which I find hard to believe.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
On the contrary - its 100% believeable, that CMS would PREFER a Championship club.

that's not really the issue though, is it?!

He's between a rock and a hard place. A better club might take him on reasonable wages but on a short contract and if he doesn't perform it's curtains.

A lower league club will take him on a longer deal but lower wages

I know what I'd tell him to do

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The only way he'd end up playing in the Championship is for a small club to take him on. A team like Rotherham, perhaps?

It's a bit unfortunate for him that this season, the small clubs all seem to be in the north, what with Millwall relegated and Bournemouth & Palace in the Premier league. I'd suggest Brentford, but they seem well run and have loftier ambitions than paying a league one labrador his one final payday.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The only way he'd end up playing in the Championship is for a small club to take him on. A team like Rotherham, perhaps?

It's a bit unfortunate for him that this season, the small clubs all seem to be in the north, what with Millwall relegated and Bournemouth & Palace in the Premier league. I'd suggest Brentford, but they seem well run and have loftier ambitions than paying a league one labrador his one final payday.

:wink:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I completely assumed he would go back to Peterborough, or to another solid League 1 club. Think it would be the best move for him.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Speculation over - he appears to have set up a company in Tunbridge Wells!

Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 10.44.10.png

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If someone in the Championship gets him, plays him in the correct position as he was at Peterborough the first time round,
and ends up scoring 25 goals next season and thumping in 3 against us at the Amex.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If someone in the Championship gets him, plays him in the correct position as he was at Peterborough the first time round,
and ends up scoring 25 goals next season and thumping in 3 against us at the Amex.

You haven't finished the question...?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Southend united.

Hoof central under Phil Brown and just let their top scorer Barry Corr go. He can score on his debut in the cup ;)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You don't really believe this correct position bollocks do you? He had plenty of chances to score for us and didn't.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

He scored just 10 goals for Peterborough when he played for them in the Championship in 2009/10

He scored more being played "out of position" for us in 2012/13 therefore proving your theory to be incorrect.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I completely assumed he would go back to Peterborough, or to another solid League 1 club. Think it would be the best move for him.

Me too. We all know that the career of a professional footballer is a short one, but surely at 31 it's time to get real. It shouldn't be all about money, what about job satisfaction, and the thrill he must get from seeing his shots hit the back of the net?

Much more chance of that happening playing for a lower division club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here