Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
It appears that Vicente still follows the Albion from afar

Brian Owen has tweeted:

Just had a chat with Vicente Rodriguez, who is coaching kids in Miami. He's among those who think Hemed will suit the Championship #bhafc

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Followed up by: Vicente footnote: I was very surprised how much he remembered about Rosenior when I told him who BHA had signed. Must have caught his eye

Blimey, that is surprising, seeing as though they only played against each other in one match (the 0-0 draw at the Amex in October 2011).

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It appears that Vicente still follows the Albion from afar

Brian Owen has tweeted:

Just had a chat with Vicente Rodriguez, who is coaching kids in Miami. He's among those who think Hemed will suit the Championship #bhafc

Next time you tweet him, please pass on my undying love and admiration for the legend.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Seconded. The ultimate Albion cult hero in my view. He may have played only a few games but that stand out moment of magic against Derby in 2012 will live long in the memory. :bowdown:

In my BHA supporting history ( 50 years ) I would happily forsake everything that has happened ( and there have been many emotional moments ) if I could just re-write two small passages of time.
1) The dying seconds of the 1983 FA Cup Final and Gordon Smith buries a low, right foot shot past Gary Bailey, to win the Cup for little old Brighton.
2) Its 2012, its Derby at home and Vicente Rodriguez suddenly gets on the ball. He goes past one, two, three, four men in the blink of an eye. Driving into the box, he veers ever so slightly to the left, before unleashing a thunderous shot, that crashes into the net off the underside of the bar. We have witnessed the greatest goal we will ever see from a Brighton player.
Give me those two moments, take everything else away and I will die a happy man.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
In my BHA supporting history ( 50 years ) I would happily forsake everything that has happened ( and there have been many emotional moments ) if I could just re-write two small passages of time.
1) The dying seconds of the 1983 FA Cup Final and Gordon Smith buries a low, right foot shot past Gary Bailey, to win the Cup for little old Brighton.
2) Its 2012, its Derby at home and Vicente Rodriguez suddenly gets on the ball. He goes past one, two, three, four men in the blink of an eye. Driving into the box, he veers ever so slightly to the left, before unleashing a thunderous shot, that crashes into the net off the underside of the bar. We have witnessed the greatest goal we will ever see from a Brighton player.
Give me those two moments, take everything else away and I will die a happy man.

Video anyone!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Greedy of me, I know, but could we not write re-write Speroni's save from Barnes, too...?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Next time you tweet him, please pass on my undying love and admiration for the legend.

Me too. Cheers.

For two moments of DERBY brilliance.

1) the shot that crashed off the bar
2) his half-hour cameo in that classicoast where he won the game on his own, briefly silencing "The Greatest Fans In The World" TM

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
One of the greatest players I have ever seen wearing the stripes. Simply awesome.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It's a shame he retired so early - would have thought he was ideal MLS fodder

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
2) his half-hour cameo in that classicoast where he won the game on his own, briefly silencing "The Greatest Fans In The World" TM

That is probably my favourite memory of his time here - a dull 0-0 when he came off the bench, and he proceeded to absolutely rip them apart.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I think he is the best ever player to play for Brighton & Hove Albion. We were absolutely blessed to see him play in the blue and white stripes, even if it wasn't for as often as we wanted.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here