Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Damn yanks,always have to up the ''wild animals in the garden' stakes..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
'Where are the kids?'

'They're out the back' :lol: :lol:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
On a link to that video I came across this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-27407932

I have a question: how come the Mother suddenly disappears at the end? And the kid is seen to run off on his own ....!? Almost looks fake to me...!

It is a genuine incident. The clip you have seen cuts out a section where the mother runs back into the house. This is the fuller video:-

[YT]aBW5dfRoG7Q[/YT]

And, in true All-American style, a week after the incident the cat was invited to throw out the first pitch at a Bakersfield Blaze baseball game - Hero cat who saved boy throws out first pitch

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I'm going to be camping quite near there in just over a week! I could do with that cat to sit outside my tent, to protect me from mountain lions and bears!!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
It is a genuine incident. The clip you have seen cuts out a section where the mother runs back into the house. This is the fuller video:-

[YT]aBW5dfRoG7Q[/YT]

And, in true All-American style, a week after the incident the cat was invited to throw out the first pitch at a Bakersfield Blaze baseball game - Hero cat who saved boy throws out first pitch

Rather odly, a few days ago, that cat was also crowned "hero dog of the year".

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

[YT]aBW5dfRoG7Q[/YT]

!

Thank you Sir! That explains it as the editing of the other one made it look fake or that the mother was Usain Bolt! Bit harsh she leaves the kid to run off but I assume she was going after that ****in dog

My 4 yr old had a little incident with a dog recently.. She doesn't seem to listen and puts her head down towards dogs. I ended up showing her pics of people with dog bite scars on their faces. Some may say harsh but I don't think so - I wanted to make an impact to show the seriousness of putting your face to a dogs face

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Thank you Sir! That explains it as the editing of the other one made it look fake or that the mother was Usain Bolt! Bit harsh she leaves the kid to run off but I assume she was going after that ****in dog

My 4 yr old had a little incident with a dog recently.. She doesn't seem to listen and puts her head down towards dogs. I ended up showing her pics of people with dog bite scars on their faces. Some may say harsh but I don't think so - I wanted to make an impact to show the seriousness of putting your face to a dogs face

I agree. You should also show the dog pictures of what happens to dogs that have bitten kids, that will put the dog off.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

My friends daughter got too close to their friends Jack Russell, she was about 6 at the time, and he bit her lip shaking his head as he did it. I was there at the time and it looked like he was going to rip a chunk out of her face. She was very lucky and it turned out to just be a minor lip wound. This dog was highly strung and in hindsight the signs were there all day before it happened.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire

[YT]aBW5dfRoG7Q[/YT]

Now there's a dog that should be eaten.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My friends daughter got too close to their friends Jack Russell, she was about 6 at the time, and he bit her lip shaking his head as he did it. I was there at the time and it looked like he was going to rip a chunk out of her face. She was very lucky and it turned out to just be a minor lip wound. This dog was highly strung and in hindsight the signs were there all day before it happened.

Oddly enough that was exactly what happened to ours (small lip nip). And she woke the dog up and possibly touched his poorly leg and put her face down to him - but the dog shouldn't have reacted like that. It wasn't our dog btw - but caused me to take fairly drastic action and pull out the shock factor - had to be done IMO!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Oddly enough that was exactly what happened to ours (small lip nip). And she woke the dog up and possibly touched his poorly leg and put her face down to him - but the dog shouldn't have reacted like that. It wasn't our dog btw - but caused me to take fairly drastic action and pull out the shock factor - had to be done IMO!

Yep, children think of them as fluffy toys and can invade their space. No harm with a bit of shock factor. Did she understand?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep, children think of them as fluffy toys and can invade their space. No harm with a bit of shock factor. Did she understand?

Yeh - cried a bit because she had to leave where we were staying (with said dog) and leave mummy there and come home with me. I though it was a good time to do it tbh - talked about it and asked her questions like 'how do you think that felt?' Etc - sore etc etc - think it's helped thankfully!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here