Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Israel Day

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
After the monumental success of Spanish day a couple of years ago......

Will Forest at home be Israel Day?

What's Yossi Benayoun doing nowadays?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We could wear our pie trays as Kippah's.

That wouldn't been seen as offensive, would it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:facepalm: Kayal is certainly, and Tomer quite probably, arab Israelis.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Let's make it 'Peace Day'!

The marketing dept will have a field day selling us a 'peace' of pizza, a 'peace' of limited edition Albion memorabilia etc...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Great idea, we can stick a big f*ck off wall around the away end and take pot shots at any who try and stick their heads over the top to watch the match they've paid for. Just remember to remove all the toilets lest they be used as weapons.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Maybe we could just throw some white phosphorus around ?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Pretty sure a day in honour of a terrorist state isn't particularly appropriate.

See, this is the problem. I agree with your sentiments about Israel but there is a time and place. Kayal & Hemed are nothing to do with the actions of the Israeli Government. You could have an Israeli day without supporting Benjamin Netanyahu or the the State of Israel.

Israel exits - it will not stop existing and the normal people (just like me and you) live their lives in reaction to their surroundings. We should embrace Israel and work with them towards a two-state solution, on a similar grounding to the Belfast Agreement.

(All of this is coming from someone who totally supports Palestine and their movement, but it is time to be realistic).

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Sport should transcend politics. It should be a celebration of humanity . so for me I welcome Hemed and Rosenior to the Albion family - both seem like good footballers and decent people. They are Albion players first and foremost and that is all that should matter. I try not to associate any individual with the random chance of where they happen to have be born. So no need for an Israel day - how about a welcome aboard day for all the new signings. A sort of induction day with your new team and fans!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here