Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Bruno be sold?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I'm very much not ITK. But putting 2 and 2 together, could Bruno be sold (or more likely released by mutual consent):

- offered and signed contract extension before CH became manager
- seemingly not rated by CH based on selections
- now behind Rosenior and probably Calde in pecking list

Assumes we could find a buyer but I'm wondering if he might be 'encouraged' to leave?

And I know Rosenior has played LB but you'd have to assume he's been bought as a RB primarily.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
I doubt it, looking back at the Watford programme it looks like Bruno started 20 out of Chris Hughton's 24 games in charge so I don't think selection is an argument. You never know though, it would seem like Liam Rosenior will be 1st choice.

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

What on earth does that mean?

Bruno was suspended for Hughton's first game; he was then a playing sub at Charlton, an unused sub against Brentford, but then an ever-present starter until Hughton made a boatload of changes for the match at Reading (when he came on as a sub). He was immediately brought back and was ever-present again until the final game at Middlesbrough (he had gone off injured against Watford in the previous game and might not even have been 100%).

I have no idea how you get "seemingly not rated by CH based on selections" out of that?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I think Leroy Rocastle will play left back :moo:

Liam Rosenior is primarily a right back - seriously doubt he has been signed to play on the left when there are v good players available who play in that position.

With regards to Bruno, wouldn't be that surprised if he spent more time playing right midfield next season, especially when the club need to keep things tight in the last portion of a game.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Liam Rosenior is primarily a right back - seriously doubt he has been signed to play on the left when there are v good players available who play in that position.

With regards to Bruno, wouldn't be that surprised if he spent more time playing right midfield next season, especially when the club need to keep things tight in the last portion of a game.

CH's words not mine Lurchy:
"He's played at lot of games in the Premier League, is an extremely versatile defender, and can play at left or right full-back."
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...-hove-albion-2504515.aspx#GZ3kvx6Dvxyu4Chg.99

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm drunk :rock: but I hope not. Why would we want to sell a player that is the most technically gifted in our squad, has huge (including Champions League) experience, and will help us through a 46-game season?
There's been about a month's worth of whinging on here, and now we have this suggestion. I'm drunk, but others are something else. HIC.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bruno is still a valued member of the squad. Football is a team game.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A bit extra: I really have no problem with Bruno playing right midfield next season. Especially if we've got LR bombing on from right back, a decent left-sided midfielder/winger, and a fantastic centre-forward scoring goals and holding things up for Baldock to run on to.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It wouldn't surprise me if he is moved on, not that I particularly want to see him leave.

I doubt LR was brought in to play 46 games as leftback, and 3 right backs is surely too costly for us.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What was the game he was phenomenal as the centre midfield playmaker.
Everyone said "of course that's his new position" as he came close to making Sami's tactics work.

Sadly he was absolutely shitehouse every other time he moved inside.
Pretty much summing up Sami's reign.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Really hope not, big fan of bruno and still think he is more than capable of holding down a starting place

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Bruno has been with us for three seasons. In that time we've had the most successful, 2nd, and 6th most successful defence in the league (based on goals conceded).
He's also made 90 appearances so has contributed a lot to the team. He's also versatile given he's played in midfield. He's scored some lovely goals. He is a good bloke. I'm a fan.
Yes. He's getting on and i wouldn't like to predict he'll be here for 2016/17 given he'll be nearly 36 but I hope we're not going have a thread wondering if its one in / one out, every time we make a decent signing.
Hughton is building a squad and is a long way from having 24/25. He can't rely just on having 11 first team choice players and thus everyone else must be for sale or will be leaving.
They won't be.

PS: Bruno was offered a new contract as recently as towards the end of last season.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm very much not ITK. But putting 2 and 2 together, could Bruno be sold (or more likely released by mutual consent):

- offered and signed contract extension before CH became manager
- now behind Rosenior and probably Calde in pecking list

Assumes we could find a buyer but I'm wondering if he might be 'encouraged' to leave?

And I know Rosenior has played LB but you'd have to assume he's been bought as a RB primarily.
:facepalm:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I want Bruno converted to a centre half to play on the right side of a back three. I saw Halford play this role at Boro & he got forward a lot but lacked attacking guile. Now Bruno has less pace, this move could ensure him 1st team football this season.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bruno is still a valued member of the squad. Football is a team game.

This. We need strength in depth. When the injuries come (and we are BHA, so we know they will come) we need to have some quality as cover.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we only want to fund 8 defenders in the squad ( which sems to be what we've done for the last few years ) then that gives us :

Rosenior
Bruno
Calderon

Greer
Dunk

Chicksen

So we need 2 more as it stands - a left back, and a central defender - to make up the 8. Which still leaves us missing 1 in central defence, in order that we have 4 in that position.

This leads me to think that Bruno will only be retained if :

(a) Ince is regarded as 4th choice central defender, as well as defensive midfield, or
(b) The left back we bring in also plays central defence, or
(c) Glenn Rea steps up to the squad in an emergency as for cover central defence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here