Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Sam Baldock be our 20 goal striker next season if he stays free of injury....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
And is played in the right position?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably not....

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If he's played up front and we play to his strengths, then possibly.

When he did play up front last season he was constantly moving on the shoulder of the defenders looking for a throughball which never came. Instead of hanging it up in the air for him, it should be drilled low between two defenders for him to run on to.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
No - simply not a championship standard striker - lge1 level

You say that but looking at the goals he did score last season some of the finishing was excellent. Bar Rohan Ince's goal of the season contender Baldock's 25 yard strike when he cut inside from the left at the Amex was different class. The finish against Arsenal was very tidy too.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
If he's played up front and we play to his strengths, then possibly.

When he did play up front last season he was constantly moving on the shoulder of the defenders looking for a throughball which never came. Instead of hanging it up in the air for him, it should be drilled low between two defenders for him to run on to.

Absolutely agree with this his movement off the shoulder and channel running is very intelligent. I just think with the right service he will score goals.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
He IS a good player, but there aren't many players in the Championship who get 20+ goals,and I just don't think Sam Baldock has it in him to be one of those players. (But please prove me wrong Sam)

If he is played in the right position, and in the right formation, and with the right players around him, he can get a 15 goal return, which isn't too shabby.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it's possible. He is known as a slow starter. He was just starting to come good when he was injured.... and that was out of position.

I don't see him as a lone striker though. Think he would be good feeding off a target man.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Of course he can.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I will admit I wasn't always enamoured with seeing him played out wide but he ended up playing pretty well there. As stated above, he's got a good goal in him and let's face it, none of our strikers got regular decent service last season, unfair to judge anyone's talent in such a shithouse unit.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Expect Sam Baldock to do a lot better this coming season than the last. Do think 20 goals from him might be a bit too much, but wouldn't be surprised if he got 12-15 if played up front regularly as one of two strikers and got decent service.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not if we stick to 4-5-1 and he is being rotated with another striker

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
In a word, possibly yes.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Why not give him a bloody chance, we were actually playing well as was he when he got injured.

Absolutely agree with this his movement off the shoulder and channel running is very intelligent. I just think with the right service he will score goals.

Agree with both of these. How people can so quickly write him off when he was playing in the crap team of last season, with Hypia and his eccentric tactics, is beyond me.

I don't know if he's up to 20 goals but I'm fairly confident he'll get his chance, and hopefully we can judge him properly

Same goes for 1 or 2 others as well

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If we can bring BZ (or similar type player) in to play up top with him then yes, I don't see why not. Playing up top on his own? No.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If healthy, played in the middle, with some decent help nearby, then yes he could get 20 goals. Left out on the wing, or just on his own with no support then no.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here