Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Financial Fair Play: Court imposes order to block new Uefa rules

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"A Belgian court has imposed an interim order blocking European football governing body Uefa from activating new Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.

The Court of First Instance referred a case brought by several claimants to the European Court of Justice (ECJ).

The case challenged plans to cut clubs' permitted losses from 45m euros (£32m) to 30m euros (£21.32m).

Uefa said it will appeal against the decision and continue implementing the new rules."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33240826

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
What everone knew. Bar this club.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Indeed, but does it now mean FFP is not in force anymore?
I think it was inevitable that there would be some sort of challenge to ffp. Clubs will look at this mindful that it could be overturned. If the judgement stands, I would imagine that there would be implications domestically.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think it was inevitable that there would be some sort of challenge to ffp. Clubs will look at this mindful that it could be overturned. If the judgement stands, I would imagine that there would be implications domestically.

As I've said before, the FL version is a different beast voted in by member clubs. I believe this latter point is the difference and what has stopped clubs challenging other items such as points deductions etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here