Votes: 59 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 57 49.1%

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not overly stressed about whether we do or don't.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The reason I don't want Ameobi to sign is that I don't think it will be a value for money signing.

Newcastle have offered him a contract in order to be due compensation for when he leaves. I expect the compensation for a 23 year old player who played in 25 Prem matches last season to be significant. Added to that his wages will be high, according to Pardew he was high maintenance, he was born and bred in the North-East so he'll be miles from home.

I'd rather have Murphy or Russell.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As we are at the momnent with our needs I would rather it be Shola but long term he could fit the bill if we sign a No 1 striker and then play him as the support striker like Tex

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A winger from Newcastle United, overshadowed by his more successful older brother, and who occasionally shows flashes of brilliance (but not very often) and doesn't score many goals? Sounds familiar ............

Would we just be getting a very much taller version of KLL?

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
A winger from Newcastle United, overshadowed by his more successful older brother, and who occasionally shows flashes of brilliance (but not very often) and doesn't score many goals? Sounds familiar ............

Would we just be getting a very much taller version of KLL?
Nail on the head.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
The reason I don't want Ameobi to sign is that I don't think it will be a value for money signing.

I expect the compensation for a 23 year old player who played in 25 Prem matches last season to be significant. Added to that his wages will be high,

Apparently wages aren't as high as one might expect, Burnley have offered him 14k a week according to this piece, which would fit into the clubs wage structure: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...es-join-albion-in-chase-to-sign-sammy-ameobi/

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No bright young forward wants to come anywhere near this club it seems, so yeah I'll be happy with just about anyone as long as they are an improvement on what we had last season.

I have settled for complete mediocrity as I had zero faith in the old recruitment team and I'm not getting great vibes about the new one. I can only be pleasantly surprised if I take this attitude.

Is this guy any better than Leon Best btw?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Seems a strange choice of player to me. The poll is hardly a ringing endorsement or perhaps we are just getting bored and apathetic by the seeming lack of urgency in the transfer market. We need a winger, a striker, a left back, a centre back and a new keeper ( at the very least) and with a week to go before the players report back for training, we have no one sorted.
I appreciate we don't want to be hasty and make wrong decisions but surely we should have got some over the line by now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here