Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starting line up against Forest...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Assuming the worst case scenario in which we make no singings of substance over the Summer and sell Dunk, what do folks see as being our starting line up against Forest?

Here's mine:

Stockdale
Calderon, Greer, Rea, Bruno
Baldock, Stephens, Kayal, Ince, March
O'Grady

Top 6 finish? Not a hope but with 4-6 decent quality singings maybe..

Last edited:

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
However, if we include some of the players we have been liked to, we get:-

Finn
Taylor
Ward
Bassong
Pudil
Kayal
Ince
Ameobi
Russell
Ince
Zamora
Murphy

Looking better? Glass not so 'half full' now?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
However, if we include some of the players we have been liked to, we get:-

Finn
Taylor
Ward
Bassong
Pudil
Kayal
Ince
Ameobi
Russell
Ince
Zamora
Murphy

Looking better? Glass not so 'half full' now?

Two Inces. I'll go with that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Meh. This is the thread I've been dreading. It shows we're getting ever closer to the start of the season.

I'll only be happy when we've signed a few more bang average 3 month loan signings, as that will definitely prove a statement of intent to satisfy our tiny season ticket holding fanbase of just 21,000, and fully justify Paul "let me write a long winded email in response to some triviality to show how much I care" Barber's meagre £400,000 salary.

Sammy Ameobi is a terrific start, but he can't play centre half when Dunk has gone. We'll need someone who doesn't give a shìt, to tuck in alongside 53 year old Gordon Greer.

We'll also need a really quite useless fullback or two, ideally one with behavioural issues and an attitude problem as cover for our slow, old foreign first choice players. What's Joe Mattock doing these days?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Meh. This is the thread I've been dreading. It shows we're getting ever closer to the start of the season.

I'll only be happy when we've signed a few more bang average 3 month loan signings, as that will definitely prove a statement of intent to satisfy our tiny season ticket holding fanbase of just 21,000, and fully justify Paul "let me write a long winded email in response to some triviality to show how much I care" Barber's meagre £400,000 salary.

Sammy Ameobi is a terrific start, but he can't play centre half when Dunk has gone. We'll need someone who doesn't give a shìt, to tuck in alongside 53 year old Gordon Greer.

We'll also need a really quite useless fullback or two, ideally one with behavioural issues and an attitude problem as cover for our slow, old foreign first choice players. What's Joe Mattock doing these days?

Jeez Simster... and I thought I'd got it bad. :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Assuming the worst case scenario in which we make no singings of substance over the Summer and sell Dunk, what do folks see as being our starting line up against Forest?

Here's mine:

Stockdale
Calderon, Greer, Rea, Bruno
Baldock, Stephens, Kayal, Ince, March
O'Grady

Top 6 finish? Not a hope but with 4-6 decent quality singings maybe..

Far too optimistic you haven't allowed for any injuries in training

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
( new signing )

Bruno
Greer
( new signing )
( new signing )

( new signing )
Kayal
Stephens
( new signing )

( new signing )
( Zamora / new signing )

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
( new signing )

Bruno
Greer
( new signing )
( new signing )

( new signing )
Kayal
Stephens
( new signing )

( new signing )
( Zamora / new signing )

Far too bleak. Stockdale will start next season and, in all likelihood, so will at least two out of Ince, Baldock and Crofts. Then factor in March and LuaLua. Might even have O'Grady and Colunga for the bench too. Dunk is still our player, and his signing might be used to get Ameobi (so that one will be a one in, one out).

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The most worrying part is Greer and Stockdale who were at fault for probably in the region of 15-18 goals last season are nailed on starters.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Based purely on recent rumours I think this team would keep us in mid table quite comfortably and give us time to rebuild......

Stockdale
Bruno. Greer. Dunk. Pudil
Crofts. Kayal. Stephens
Russell Zamora. Baldock

Bench: Maenpaa Calderon. Rae. Ince. Forster-Caskey O'Grady March

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The most worrying part is Greer and Stockdale who were at fault for probably in the region of 15-18 goals last season are nailed on starters.

Love how you have a go at the defence when it was the 6th best in the league...
18 goals !.....nothing like over doing it, sure they made some errors, but everyone does.

Our problems are clear, and its scoring goals. A new front 3 is required.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Based purely on recent rumours I think this team would keep us in mid table quite comfortably and give us time to rebuild......

Stockdale
Bruno. Greer. Dunk. Pudil
Crofts. Kayal. Stephens
Russell Zamora. Baldock

Bench: Maenpaa Calderon. Rae. Ince. Forster-Caskey O'Grady March

If Crofts makes our starting 11 after practically 2 years out injured, then JFC and Ince might as well move on now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here